Chris Bono

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Bono

I had the opportunity to talk with Coach Bono on the Driven Wrestling Podcast. I was really impressed and Jackrabbit fans have to be really happy with the improvements he's implementing into the program. There's big things coming at SDSU. You can listen at the link below.

http://drivenwrestling.com/podcast.html

Re: Chris Bono

Thanks, driven. Good interview.

Comment

http://matbossapp.hs-sites.com/blog/...g-in-wrestling
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Another good read...thanks Jacks1. With Coach Bono in charge, I'm recovering my interest in wrestling. (Ancient history When I attended Watertown High School, Arrow wrestling matches had considerably larger crowds than basketball. When I was a sophomore, Rick Jensen was an eighth grader (later: SDSU all-time great) and Mike Engels was a senior (another SDSU all-time great and Jackrabbit coach for several years). Everyone on the roster from Jensen's size to the heavyweight was vying for an individual state title. We had guys on the "B" squad who would start for many schools. Heck, we had guys on what Coach Marv Sherrill (an SDSU great) called "F Troop" who would start for many schools. The Arrows were loaded and exciting to watch. The only problem: South Dakota had several teams including many smaller schools capable of beating the snot out of some of the largest high schools in the state.

I was at SDSU at the tail-end of Warren Williamson's coaching career. SDSU was a powerful program. I worked at the DII national tourney hosted by SDSU my soph year.

Bono brings back the kind of passion and excitement I remember from years ago. I plan on attending several home matches this year. We have the best competition coming to Frost Arena
        Last edited by JackJD; 07-29-2016, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X