Depth Chart For Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depth Chart For Missouri

The first depth chart of the season has been posted on gojacks.

http://www.gojacks.com/pdf9/2767407.pdf
    It's page 10 of the PDF

QB // Sr Sumner // So Lujan // Jr Finnes
    RB // Sr Zenner // Jr Gandy // Rfr Mengarelli
    FB // Jr Strehlow // Rfr Louscher
    WRW // Jr Wesley // Jr Raymond // So Landberg
    WRX // Rfr Wieneke // Jr Jones // Sr Wright
    WRZ // Sr Schneider // Jr Andrews // So Landberg
    TE // Jr Jones // So Vejvoda // Rfr Goedert
    LT // Jr Siverling // So Carr // Rfr Harmon
    LG // Jr Seiter // Sr Mueller
    C // Rfr Ohnesorge // Sr Purcell // Jr Zimmerman
    RG // Sr Purcell // Jr Bloom
    RT // Sr Greger // Sr Ode // Rfr Lansman

DE // Sr Sherlock or Sr Klocek // Rfr Kern
    DE // Jr Plote or Sr Klocek // Jr Schultz
    DT // So Langer // So Gottlob // Rfr Lang
    NT // Sr LaBlance // Rfr Soulek // Fr Pupungaota
    WLB // So Bobbit // Jr Schuster // So Hazelett
    MLB // Jr Lally // So Peitz // Rfr Benson
    SLB // So Brown // Jr Kreutzfeldt // Fr Hassell
    LCB // Jr Forsythe // Fr Carr // Rfr Balster
    RCB // Jr Butler // Rfr Simmons
    SS // Sr Gentile // So Mears // Rfr Farina
    FS // Sr Taveras // So Mears // Jr Pickerel

PK // Sr Syrovatka // Jr Carlson
    Holder - P Sawyer
    LS - So Trenhaile
    P // Sr Sawyer // Jr Pavlik
    KOR // Jr Wesley // Rfr Megarelli
    PR // Jr Butler // Fr Carr

Re: Depth Chart For Missouri

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    The first depth chart of the season has been posted on gojacks.

http://www.gojacks.com/pdf9/2767407.pdf
    It's page 10 of the PDF

QB // Sr Sumner // So Lujan // Jr Finnes
    RB // Sr Zenner // Jr Gandy // Rfr Mengarelli
    FB // Jr Strehlow // Rfr Louscher
    WRW // Jr Wesley // Jr Raymond // So Landberg
    WRX // Rfr Wieneke // Jr Jones // Sr Wright
    WRZ // Sr Schneider // Jr Andrews // So Landberg
    TE // Jr Jones // So Vejvoda // Rfr Goedert

DE // Sr Sherlock or Sr Klocek // Rfr Kern
    DE // Jr Plote or Sr Klocek // Jr Schultz
    DT // So Langer // So Gottlob // Rfr Lang
    NT // Sr LaBlance // Rfr Soulek // Fr Pupungaota
    WLB // So Bobbit // Jr Schuster // So Hazelett
    MLB // Jr Lally // So Peitz // Rfr Benson
    SLB // So Brown // Jr Kreutzfeldt // Fr Hassell
    RCB // Jr Butler // Rfr Simmons
    SS // Sr Gentile // So Mears // Rfr Farina
    FS // Sr Taveras // So Mears // Jr Pickerel

PK // Sr Syrovatka // Jr Carlson
    Holder - P Sawyer
    LS - So Trenhaile
    P // Sr Sawyer // Jr Pavlik
    KOR // Jr Wesley // Rfr Megarelli
    PR // Jr Butler // Fr Carr

How about that Red shirt freshman Balster is third in the depth chart. Have you ever wondered where Balster is from? Why none other than Sheldon, Iowa. I believe that is part of NW Iowa. I guess even a blind sow finds an occasional acorn so the saying goes.

Comment

Not sure I see any major surprises but a lot of younger guys backing up in the secondary. Seems the the size of most of the linebackers seems a little smaller then i care to see but the talent I dont think should be a big drop off, just stinks loosing elmore for the year. Really looking forward to seeing those lines prove themselves.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

It might be tough sledding to have a 275 lbs, redshirt freshman starting at center against Missouri on Saturday.
        That can't be an easy introduction to your career.

It's interesting that Siverling beat out Carr at LT. I'm pretty sure he came to the program as a preferred walk-on.

Also, it's interesting to seem them have WR Dom Wright so buried on the depth chart. He seemed like the classic example of the coaches letting a less talented senior start over better younger players. I feel like that was SDSU's MO in the past. Nice to see that it isn't always the case because I feel like it came back to bite them in the past.

I'm feeling alot more confident in the defense then I did a few months ago. I think we're better upfront then we were last year, and more experienced in the secondary. The big issue will be depth at Linebacker.

Also, with how many teams have running QB's and how offenses throw the ball around more, I think having a glorified safety (Dallas Brown) at linebacker can be helpful. When we play more power running teams like NDSU & UNI, we can always go with a bigger LB core.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post

How about that Red shirt freshman Balster is third in the depth chart. Have you ever wondered where Balster is from? Why none other than Sheldon, Iowa. I believe that is part of NW Iowa. I guess even a blind sow finds an occasional acorn so the saying goes.
          Quote from Stig "the guy that's surprised,a pleasant surprise,is the non-scholarship guy from NW Iowa that's really playing well"
          Chris Balster .......(at 14:02 mark)

Comment

I don't see Andy Moritko listed on the roster. He was another highly touted recruit. Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I thought wallace at RB really looked good in his high lite video.Must need a year or two yet

Comment

And just think, if they wanted to they could put Schnieder, Weineke, L Jones at WR and C Jones at TE. All 4 are 6'4" and up. A defensive nightmare inside the 10 yd line,ain't nobody out jumping them for a ball.

Comment

In regards to RB Wallace, I would think with the depth and experience you utilize his redshirt, no sense in using it up for minimal opportunities.

i expect Hazelett to climb the depth chart as he becomes more comfortable with the defense.

Comment

Looking at the MO depth chart all their DB's are 6'1 or less, I like our chances with the taller WR's and TE.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                      In regards to RB Wallace, I would think with the depth and experience you utilize his redshirt, no sense in using it up for minimal opportunities.

i expect Hazelett to climb the depth chart as he becomes more comfortable with the defense.
                      Agreed. Wallace is a true freshman for an RB position where we have good depth. If he showed the immediate talent to hold down a #2 or #3 spot, this could be a different conversation. Using Carr and Hassell as examples, it doesn't appear that the coaches are afraid to pull a red-shirt if the player is ready to contribute.

On a related topic, Pupungaota is the #3 at NT and will possibly see the DL rotation. So it doesn't appear that they are red-shirting him either.

Comment

I find this extremely interesting. I also think this should quiet critics who say Stig favors Seniors over underclassmen. LT - I too thought Carr would start. Nice job by Siverling.
                        LG - Sieter over Mueller is a surprise. C - wow. I thought Purcell was a center for life. I know his prodigies certainly will be centers. Stig wouldn't start a redshirt freshman ata center unless he is sure he can handle it. RG - Do you think they moved Purcell to RG for this game only or is it for the whole year? RT - no surprise there.

This will be a fun group to watch. I wonder how much in game substitutions they plan on making this year. I'd like to see them keep it set as a unit like other teams do. My humble opinion.

Comment

Stig said Mueller had off season surgery and so he is probably still coming back from that. In other news according to the roster shoff is weighing in at 335. It will be nice to have him back next year.

Comment

I agree Mueller is probably starting after he's 100%.

Purcell at guard could mean 2 things, 1 he's better at pulling and blocking in space, and 2 Ohnesorge has proven himself intelligent enough to handle the line calls. He is on the academic honor roll for Gen. Engineering.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
                              Stig said Mueller had off season surgery and so he is probably still coming back from that. in at 335.
                              I spoke with freshman Zach Zanello and he said that Mueller had work done on his ACL. He just described him as a tough guy for being out there and trying to play. However, Zanello mentioned that he is at practice early to get his knee taped for 40 minutes before he can practice.
                              "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Working...
                              X