NDSU/UND rivalry resurrection!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU/UND rivalry resurrection!

As of last night, the Bizun and nameless Sioux will renew their football rivalry...

http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/...otball-rivalry
    "Cheer the team from South Dakota with loyal hearts so true!"

Re: NDSU/UND rivalry resurrection!

Originally posted by wr54 View Post
    As of last night, the Bizun and nameless Sioux will renew their football rivalry...

http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/...otball-rivalry
    I am so surprised they signed up for two away games. At minimum it's a 2 for 1 or just 1 away game. Pretty weak work from UND.

This game was bound to happen sooner than later. Hopefully NDSU beats them 50-0.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

UND got worked in that deal. Ha! NDSU pays D-II doormats more than that to come in and take a beating.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I should think that it would be good for the state, much like when the SDSU/USD rivalry was renewed, but the way people are complaining over on Bisonville, its like they scheduled an NAIA school. I really don't get it. Oh yeah, I kinda do...it's NDSU.
        "Cheer the team from South Dakota with loyal hearts so true!"

Comment

For the record:

Game 1: 2015; in Fargo; $125k paycheck; $125k for NDSU to buyout, $250k for UND to buyout; UND gets 500 tickets
          Game 2: 2019; in Fargo; $140k paycheck(3% annual increase); $140k for NDSU to buyout, $250k for UND to buyout; UND gets 500 tickets

UND is not allowing the Nickel Trophy to be used.
          NDSU is adamant at this time that any games beyond this contract(including games in Grand Forks) are "off the table".
          Contract terms were proposed by Gene Taylor a week or three before he left for Iowa. Contract was finalized by Brian Faison and Jeremy Jorgenson(with the interim AD signing off on it). Good bet that both sides wanted to get it done before NDSU hires a new AD.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
            For the record:

Game 1: 2015; in Fargo; $125k paycheck; $125k for NDSU to buyout, $250k for UND to buyout; UND gets 500 tickets
            Game 2: 2019; in Fargo; $140k paycheck(3% annual increase); $140k for NDSU to buyout, $250k for UND to buyout; UND gets 500 tickets

NDSU is adamant at this time that any games beyond this contract(including games in Grand Forks) are "off the table".
            Contract terms were proposed by Gene Taylor a week or three before he left for Iowa. Contract was finalized by Brian Faison and Jeremy Jorgenson(with the interim AD signing off on it). Good bet that both sides wanted to get it done before NDSU hires a new AD.
            What the capacity of the Alerus? Seems like it less than the Dome. I suspect that entered in to home and home talks. Bubba Schagart wiill need time to get the program competitive

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
              For the record:

Back in February Taylor offers them 2 games in Fargo for $380,000 and they turn it down.Now,Faison accepts an offer of 2 games in Fargo for $265,000 and no promise of a return game in GF? What a shrewd negotiator.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                Back in February Taylor offers them 2 games in Fargo for $380,000 and they turn it down.Now,Faison accepts an offer of 2 games in Fargo for $265,000 and no promise of a return game in GF? What a shrewd negotiator.
                Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Comment

Wow. About the only thing UND gets out of this deal is the opportunity to beat NDSU in its home dome. The two schools really should play more often.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                    Wow. About the only thing UND gets out of this deal is the opportunity to beat NDSU in its home dome. The two schools really should play more often.
                    Absolutely. Should play every year.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      Absolutely. Should play every year.
                      I can't argue with that. Think of all the lost ticket revenue since 2003, the last time they played

Comment

IF Jacks ever play Montana again in non playoff football, don't you think SDSU would demand something similar?

NDSU was willing to play UND, but UND REALLY said NO!!!!, and twisted the knife about no (from the Bison perspective). If UND wants to get this non conference rivalry going, Bison are going to make UND squirm into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          I can't argue with that. Think of all the lost ticket revenue since 2003, the last time they played
                          Bison sell out every game. What revenue is being lost at NDSU?

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
                            Bison sell out every game. What revenue is being lost at NDSU?
                            Revenue lost during the years of no games played such as years 2004-2014. Now go figure. Yes I know all about the socalled sell outs.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              Revenue lost during the years of no games played such as years 2004-2014. Now go figure. Yes I know all about the socalled sell outs.
                              The only ticket revenue being lost is at UN_ and that is good. It has no effect on NDSU ticket revenue at this point. Early on, it would have but a non issue now thus why NDSU drove a hard bargain.

Only reason NDSU agreed is they are struggling getting folks to come to Fargo.

So, i do not follow your logic unless your are talking about the past.

Comment

Working...
                              X