Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joerger to the Wolves?

From Jon Krawczynski of the AP:

"AP Sources: #TWolves have decided Dave Joerger is their guy. Now turn attn to compensation and contract to make him their head coach."

I like this. Joerger had very successful CBA coaching stints with the Dakota Wizards and the Sioux Falls Skyforce, winning championships with each team. He was able to bounce back from a rough start as the Grizzlies' head coach in his first season to get them to 50 wins and nearly knock off Oklahoma City.

The guy knows how to win. I think this will be a smart hire for the Wolves.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Re: Joerger to the Wolves?

A suspended Zach Randolf away from beating the Thunder in round 1. Much of the rough start had to do with Marc Gasol being injured. He's a great coach and a good hire for the Wolves. An aside: the Grizzlies situation has turned into a mess.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Now Joerger is supposedly staying in Memphis , with a raise in pay. Hard to know what to believe - one report is Memphis wanted to switch first round picks with the Wolves along with one of their second rounders for compensation. Certainly different than the reports that Memphis was ready to fire him.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Now Joerger is supposedly staying in Memphis , with a raise in pay. Hard to know what to believe - one report is Memphis wanted to switch first round picks with the Wolves along with one of their second rounders for compensation. Certainly different than the reports that Memphis was ready to fire him.
        They don't want him, but if they fire him they have to pay out his contract. Better to say they want to keep him so the Wolves have to trade for him.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          They don't want him, but if they fire him they have to pay out his contract. Better to say they want to keep him so the Wolves have to trade for him.
          I thought the same thing until I read the Grizzlies owner's comments from his Q&A on Twitter. Also, Flip's comments seem to indicate that ship has sailed. Now I really think the Grizzlies are going to keep him, with a pay raise to boot.

Here is a good read on Robert Pera, the 36 year-old owner of the Grizzlies: http://www.businessweek.com/articles...-the-grizzlies

Comment

The owner is nuts. He wanted to fire him six games into the season and was only talked out of it when he was told how dysfunctional it would make the franchise look. I'm betting he stays, but you'll excuse me if I don't trust a question and answer on twitter. Especially when the owner has forced out a bunch of people already. I mean he wanted to make Mike Miller the player coach even though player coaches aren't allowed.

Source: google it, I'm on my phone.

Comment

Working...
            X