Dakota University Drunkies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dakota University Drunkies

Don't know how many of you caught last night's Family Guy, but they threw out a segment that took a poke at a school that seems very familiar.

Enjoy.

https://vidd.me/v/tBx

Re: Dakota University Drunkies

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Don't know how many of you caught last night's Family Guy, but they threw out a segment that took a poke at a school that seems very familiar.

Enjoy.

I will assume the reaction from Grand Forks is/will be just as hilarious as that video.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Enjoy.

This isn't offensive,portraying native Americans as "drunks".Wow,"I'm drunkie,the Native American mascott".Extremely poor taste,stereotyping Native Americans.A lot of liberties taken by these writers in the name of creativity, even if it's supposed to be satire.

If I was Native American,I'd take offense more to this than I would to the UND logo.Especially if it was broadcast nation wide.This is the hypocracy of "we can be offensive,because we are attacking someone who's offensive".They take the word " offensive" to new heights.Nothing "funny" about this in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        This isn't offensive,portraying native Americans as "drunks".Wow,"I'm drunkie,the Native American mascott".Extremely poor taste,stereotyping Native Americans.A lot of liberties taken by these writers in the name of creativity, even if it's supposed to be satire.If I was Native American,I'd take offense more to this than I would to the UND logo.Especially if it was broadcast nation wide.
        You are misinterpreting the target of the joke.

It's not Native Americans, but rather ignorant white people and their view of Native Americans.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
          You are misinterpreting the target of the joke.

It's not Native Americans, but rather ignorant white people and their view of Native Americans.
          I still can't justify it,very demeaning to Native Americans.I'd be outraged if i were them.Where's the connection to a simple logo and this?Sorry, don't see it.This is over the line.

Comment

You've never experienced satire, have you?

It's the same thing that Colbert did a couple weeks ago to make fun of Dan Snyder.

I'm not a Family Guy fan, but I enjoyed the video. "This is important for sports" made the bit work.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Haha, well I guess this is as good of a place as any to put this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx9pXSaAAps

Comment

Enjoy.

If this clip was a little longer there was a little bit about Oral Roberts as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  You've never experienced satire, have you?

It's the same thing that Colbert did a couple weeks ago to make fun of Dan Snyder.

I'm not a Family Guy fan, but I enjoyed the video. "This is important for sports" made the bit work.
                  OK,you win,it's just a very crass form of satire,I said "supposed to be satire"[quote] My bad.

Comment

Anal Roberts, that's rich very funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Anal Roberts, that's rich very funny.
                      Oops, I took down my post with the extended video due to questions of how appropriate it was (even though it's allowed on network television), but now I left you hanging. Here's the extended video with the joke about Oral Roberts so your comment doesn't look random:

- Steven Wright

Comment

What even more humorous is the Family Guy says "Its a tough place to get into, but once you do you enjoy it.

I will be thinking of this at my next prostrate exam.

Comment

So the initial clip that started this discussion wasn't far off...
                          http://lastrealindians.com/siouxper-...-ruth-hopkins/
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I know college aged kids make stupid decisions, but that goes beyond dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                              I know college aged kids make stupid decisions, but that goes beyond dumb.

wayyy beyond...
                              Great moments are born from great opportunities.
                              ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Working...
                              X