Mo St to SBC talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mo St to SBC talk

Talk started last night about the Sun Belt informally offering JMU and MSU. Liberty is a distant third choice. Regarding MSU, the big question is whether the SBC would accept a FB only invite or if MSU would accept a full invite. Sounds like MSU wants to keep basketball in the MVC, but the SBC is trying to get away from FB-only members. And both JMU and MSU are holding out for better offers(CUSA and MAC, respectively). There's some question whether this alleged offer is about both sides coming together, or a "put up or shut up" demand from the SBC. Whatever happens will be very interesting.

If MSU leaves, it opens a hole in the MVC that would apparently have to be filled by a public school(the MVC is so touchy about that public/private balance). Do they take a chance on UNO to try for the Omaha market(that is owned by Nebraska and Creighton)? Do they do something incredibly stupid and take UMKC? Do they look east? Do they go crazy and take SDSU, NDSU & ORU? Do they sit there and let everything fall apart when someone grabs WSU? Lots of questions and no answers.

Re: Mo St to SBC talk

They took Loyola to get in the Chicago market,so i think they could be crazy enough to make a run at UMKC or even Omaha.

Comment

If MSU leaves it would open up a space in the MVFC that could pair with a 10th spot in the Summit for UND or Eastern Illinois. I am not sure which I would prefer. But it would also shift the balance of power with 5 football teams from the Summit and only four from the MVC.

Comment

If MSU leaves the MVFC sticks with 9 teams. Don't need 10, everyone can play everyone again.

Comment

Missouri State's football stadium's 16,300 capacity is marginal at best for FBS. They'd need to upgrade.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Pfft. MSU can hardly compete in the FCS. They'd be a trainwreck in FBS.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I know I'm not the only one that thought part of UNO's plan when dropping FB and wrestling to focus on BB and hockey included eventual membership in the MVC for basketball right?
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                I know I'm not the only one that thought part of UNO's plan when dropping FB and wrestling to focus on BB and hockey included eventual membership in the MVC for basketball right?
                Agreed, pretty sure that if there is an opening UNO would likely top the list of teams looked at by the MVC. I also think UMKC gets a look before any team north of the Nebraska state line.

Comment

Sounds like MSU won't be going to the Belt, their president made some fairly strong statements about it that didn't exactly speak glowingly about the Belt.

Comment

I thought cooler heads would prevail. The only Missouri Valley football program that could afford this move is NDSU. And there might be some second thought there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      I thought cooler heads would prevail. The only Missouri Valley football program that could afford this move is NDSU. And there might be some second thought there too.
                      no way would I support the SBC for ndsu
                      BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        I will put you down as a second thought

Comment

Working...
                        X