Bison ring on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bison ring on eBay

This is choice stuff. Below is a link to an article published yesterday in the Fargo Forum, reporting that a former Bison football player had offered his national championship ring (2011-2012 season) for sale on eBay. He apparently wanted $5,000. I understand the eBay listing has since been pulled. The Forum article points out the former Bison linebacker, Antonio Rodgers, was also one of 13 current or former Bison football players who admitted involvement in the political-petition incident.

Now, this is newsworthy -- think this thread will not devolve into smack?

Here's the Forum link:
    http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/431326/group/Sports/

Added later: I first posted this under the Missouri Valley Football section but -- geez, who am I kidding? So, I moved it to smack. I'll even spot the Bison the first comment: Yeah, well at least our guys have rings to offer on eBay! Buttfootball.
    Or, maybe we'll see the classic: Yeah, well all your guys do is hunt and fish.

Re: Bison ring on eBay

It appears Mr. Rodgers is a political junkie and he is making the next step of raising money for candidates.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

So does "once a Bison, always a Bison" apply in this case?
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Some will say the attempt to sell the ring points out a problem in the big-revenue college sports: the athletic scholarships do not cover actual costs of attending school while being a full-time athlete, and therefore some who may be short on money get a little desperate. (See the recent news about the Northwestern U football players getting court to declare they're university employees and have the right to unionize.)

In the meantime, the attempt by Mr. Rodgers to pedal his ring on eBay brings to mind the two Guiness Stout pitchmen and what is likely their take on the attempt to turn the ring (generously provided by the NDSU Teammakers organization) into cash.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          This is choice stuff. Below is a link to an article published yesterday in the Fargo Forum, reporting that a former Bison football player had offered his national championship ring (2011-2012 season) for sale on eBay. He apparently wanted $5,000. I understand the eBay listing has since been pulled. The Forum article points out the former Bison linebacker, Antonio Rodgers, was also one of 13 current or former Bison football players who admitted involvement in the political-petition incident.
          How ironic is that his major is Criminal Justice and Business.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            Sure it does. Remember this guy? He's still a Bison:

Comment

The only thing about this that interests me is how high TransAm will go against Lakes and if the bidding has hit six-figures yet.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                Only as long as you are on scholarship, does this rule apply. The guy is short in time at NDSU and needs some cash to get back to Florida. I suspect he forgot about the scholarship rules. Good one though and no doubt he has good memories of NDSU.

Comment

I would like to offer a bid of $5.72. No, wait, make that $6.13.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

I think this goes to show how much these guys from out of state appreciate the community of Fargo, the state of ND, and their laws regarding petitions.

Comment

Working...
                    X