Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Herbster

Is it just me?

Every time I read the last name of USD's Athletic Director, my brain automatically inserts the word "THE" ahead of his last name. I guess it's some sort of a flashback to late 70s, early 80s nicknames when adding "the" before one's surname and appending "ster" to the surname made nicknaming easy. I think one of the Saturday Night Live characters in that era did that all the time.

I think his last name is really Herb but he got tagged in college days with...

The Herbster.

Re: The Herbster

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Is it just me?

Every time I read the last name of USD's Athletic Director, my brain automatically inserts the word "THE" ahead of his last name. I guess it's some sort of a flashback to late 70s, early 80s nicknames when adding "the" before one's surname and appending "ster" to the surname made nicknaming easy. I think one of the Saturday Night Live characters in that era did that all the time.

I think his last name is really Herb but he got tagged in college days with...

The Herbster.
    Thats funny because I know exactly what your talking about. If you were Joe Smith, you would then be The Smithster. Even David would get a kick out of your post. That's rich. (Another term)

Comment

I feel sorry for The Herbster. In a couple of years he'll have two on-campus buildings to try to fill with fans. I doubt that USD will want to give away tickets, like it did for the Summit tourney.
      This space for lease.

Comment

I do rather grudgingly congratulate the Coyote women for winning the Summit tourney. Polly Harrington came through big time. Getting engaged apparently agreed with her. I hope there aren't any single Coyotes planning to get engaged during next season.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
        X