Bison Fraternal Society

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bison Fraternal Society

What's with Bison fans and headgear, particularly a few who wear a fur Bison hat with horns? Imagine an NDSU fan sawing off a portion of a Bison's head, hollowing it out and then sticking it on their head. I can only conclude there is some sort of fraternal society -- a Lodge! complete with secret handshakes, passwords and a goofy initiation ceremony.

Reminds me of the International Order of Friendly Sons of the Racoons (for anyone who has caught some of the classic black and white reruns of the Jackie Gleason show from some early days of TV). (Come on, Nidaros, you remember that show! )

[IMG]
    Last edited by JackJD; 03-11-2014, 08:40 PM.

Re: Bison Fraternal Society

It makes sense since the order of Racoons national cemetery was located in Bismarck ND, per Ralph Crandon. If I remember correctly he wanted to be buried their. Or was it Ed Norton? Can't remember

Comment

Huh, interesting. You must have seen all that headgear on ESPN2 last night. Tell me more.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
        Huh, interesting. You must have seen all that headgear on ESPN2 last night. Tell me more.
        Why? You don't care about making the NCAA tourney remember?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          It makes sense since the order of Racoons national cemetery was located in Bismarck ND, per Ralph Crandon. If I remember correctly he wanted to be buried their. Or was it Ed Norton? Can't remember
          I can't find the clip about the burial desires. But all good Bison probably would want to be buried their too.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            Why? You don't care about making the NCAA tourney remember?

To me personally it isn't that big of a deal. I watched the game last night and was excited. I'm not excited about being a 1st round sacrificial lamb. I'm glad we are the ones in it, but until a Summit team is something other than a 1st round sacrificial lamb I will not get too invested. With that said, you can find NDSU on the ESPNs (headgear and all) from time to time. Don't worry, you guys can get on ESPN with your women's basketball team. Oh wait...

Comment

To me personally it isn't that big of a deal. I watched the game last night and was excited. I'm not excited about being a 1st round sacrificial lamb. I'm glad we are the ones in it, but until a Summit team is something other than a 1st round sacrificial lamb I will not get too invested. With that said, you can find NDSU on the ESPNs (headgear and all) from time to time. Don't worry, you guys can get on ESPN with your women's basketball team. Oh wait...
              Yes there will be a lot of waiting until next year for both programs. But to quote Arnold , WE WILL BE BACK.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Yes there will be a lot of waiting until next year for both programs. But to quote Arnold , WE WILL BE BACK.
                No doubt. At least we have the spring games to look forward too...

Comment

Saw them in person. I could have also added that the Bison fans seem a bit more portly than fans of other schools. So, we had a few tubby guys walking around wearing April Fool's hats. What's the password?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    Saw them in person. I could have also added that the Bison fans seem a bit more portly than fans of other schools. So, we had a few tubby guys walking around wearing April Fool's hats. What's the password?
                    You got to watch the Bison win the Summit tournament in person? You lucky dog...maybe you even got on tv...think of the exposure for the Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                    X