Bryan Witzmann - starts in the College All-Star Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryan Witzmann - starts in the College All-Star Bowl

Terry Vandrovec reported in the Argus leader today that Bryan Witmann started for the winning team in the College All-Star Bowl Friday at Furman.

Did anyone catch this game and see how Bryan played? I'm disappointed I missed it.

I'd rate his chance of signing with a NFL team very highly. 6' - 7" 310 tackles don't come around often. I'm wondering if he has a chance to get drafted. Wouldn't he be the first Jackrabbit drafted since Danny Battum? I'd think Bryan would make a practice squad next year if not make a team. He has the NFL body for it. I think it would depend upon what he gets his 40 time down to.

How many Jacks are currently playing in the NFL beside the HOF kicker?

Re: Bryan Witzmann - starts in the College All-Star Bowl

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
    Terry Vandrovec reported in the Argus leader today that Bryan Witmann started for the winning team in the College All-Star Bowl Friday at Furman.

Did anyone catch this game and see how Bryan played? I'm disappointed I missed it.

I'd rate his chance of signing with a NFL team very highly. 6' - 7" 310 tackles don't come around often. I'm wondering if he has a chance to get drafted. Wouldn't he be the first Jackrabbit drafted since Danny Battum? I'd think Bryan would make a practice squad next year if not make a team. He has the NFL body for it. I think it would depend upon what he gets his 40 time down to.

How many Jacks are currently playing in the NFL beside the HOF kicker?
    I think the most likely scenario for Bryan is get signed as an undrafted free-agent with the chance to make a team's practice squad. He reminds of the LT that came before him, Casey Knips, who signed with the Cardinals but didn't get a practice squad invite. Bryan has a bit more talent/potential than Knips IMO though.

I wonder if CB Winston Wright will get a shot to make a team?

Currently, Vinatieri is the only SDSU alum in the NFL. It would be nice to for another player to make the league soon because Vinatieri's doesn't have too many more years in him.

DE/LB Batten was a solid player but couldn't overcome a shoulder injury.
    WR Dale Moss jumped around to 4 different practice squads and I think is still trying to catch on with a team.
    TE Colin Cochart had a solid rookie year with the Bengals. He was in training camp with the Cowboys last year but didn't make the team. He was brought in by other teams for try-outs throughout the year but didn't catch on.

Future NFL potential for the Jacks:
    SR RB Zach Zenner
    SR WR Jason Schneider
    SR RT Trevor Greger
    JR TE Cam Jones
    JR LB Charles Elmore
    JR CB Je Ryan Butler

Comment

Working...
    X