Phone numbers needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone numbers needed

Thinking about the 6th fan contest in discussion under the Men's Basketball thread. Any thought been given to hiring the Bison football players who figured out how to process political petitions a few years ago? Are any still in jail? Wouldn't that be handy: whenever some "specialized" services were needed, one could call the Cass County Sheriff and speak to the jailer about who was available.

Re: Phone numbers needed

You are assuming that they know how to point & click a mouse...
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

You guys could have Zenner do some voting...as long as he didn't have to travel more than 4 yards...

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
        You guys could have Zenner do some voting...as long as he didn't have to travel more than 4 yards...
        Poor guy was busy collecting food for the Summit Food Fight.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
          Every Zenner vote counts as 4.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Every Zenner vote counts as 4.
            So that's how you guys are climbing the rankings so fast!

Comment

How about checking on the availability of officials at USD who count attendance at sporting events? They are experts in inflating numbers.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                How about checking on the availability of officials at USD who count attendance at sporting events? They are experts in inflating numbers.
                You checked your stated numbers in men and women this season?Good one for you to judge.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                  You checked your stated numbers in men and women this season?Good one for you to judge.
                  Were there more or less people than announced in Frost when you attended a game?
                  One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I'm not sure what you're trying to go for here. Are you saying our attendance has been low? That's cause we only count the people that actually, you know, attend the game. Are you saying that we inflate attendance? Cause, uh, no.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

In all honesty I thought they changed our counting to be like every other school and count tickets sold not butts in the seats. I thought last year justin S talked about it or something maybe tv reported as a change.

Sorry for the thread drift. Back to the topic here usd still sucks.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I watched the highlights of the Denver/USD women's game. The 1170 at the game must have been following the camera around since they never were in the pictures. 170 students would have been a stretch. I would watch some clips of that game that might have found the 1170 attending. I would ask to find a clip from SDSU that shows inflated numbers since I have attended the home games and 1 road game. I would guess we are down in numbers this year, but the actual numbers would support that fact.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          In all honesty I thought they changed our counting to be like every other school and count tickets sold not butts in the seats. I thought last year justin S talked about it or something maybe tv reported as a change.

Sorry for the thread drift. Back to the topic here usd still sucks.
                          Not that I recall, you look at some of our attendance when the weather was bad and people couldn't travel. Those games we have more season ticket holders than reported attendance.

Comment

I don't know about the direction this thread has taken.... I was looking for a simple solution, not something complicated by the math skills of someone at USD (you know, 1 live person is equal to 10 pretend people, sometimes 15). The Bison footballers figured out a purpose for the phone book and then filled in petitions. I think that skill-set may work better with the 6th Fan promotion.

At least the USD skill-set prepares one for money-making jobs that had the potential for steady work (but for the IRS and other authorities getting a little sensitive) like, uhhh, tax-return preparation. Bison jobs tend to be short-term, e.g. carry-out guy for BestBuy or petition completion expert.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              I don't know about the direction this thread has taken.... I was looking for a simple solution, not something complicated by the math skills of someone at USD (you know, 1 live person is equal to 10 pretend people, sometimes 15). The Bison footballers figured out a purpose for the phone book and then filled in petitions. I think that skill-set may work better with the 6th Fan promotion.

At least the USD skill-set prepares one for money-making jobs that had the potential for steady work (but for the IRS and other authorities getting a little sensitive) like, uhhh, tax-return preparation. Bison jobs tend to be short-term, e.g. carry-out guy for BestBuy or petition completion expert.

And SDSU prepares you for cleaning up after your cheerleaders.

Comment

Working...
                              X