King Frazier transfers to Bison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Frazier transfers to Bison

In 2012, we recruited 3-star running back King Frazier. After two years as a walk-on in the Husker program, he is packing his bags for Fargo.

The Bison will be getting a good one and from my understanding he will have 2 years of eligibility starting in 2015.

He had a good spring last year, but it was clear that he was falling in the depth chart and with Ameer returning it was clear he was not going to see the field much.

In 2012, we recruited both Frazier from Lee's Summit, MO and Graham Nabity from Elkhorn, NE hard. Both chose to walk-on for the Huskers. (A little birdie has told me that Nabity is considering his options beyond the Husker gridiron and blue is a color he likes to wear.)

Re: King Frazier transfers to Bison

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
    In 2012, we recruited 3-star running back King Frazier. After two years as a walk-on in the Husker program, he is packing his bags for Fargo.

The Bison will be getting a good one and from my understanding he will have 2 years of eligibility starting in 2015.

He had a good spring last year, but it was clear that he was falling in the depth chart and with Ameer returning it was clear he was not going to see the field much.

In 2012, we recruited both Frazier from Lee's Summit, MO and Graham Nabity from Elkhorn, NE hard. Both chose to walk-on for the Huskers. (A little birdie has told me that Nabity is considering his options beyond the Husker gridiron and blue is a color he likes to wear.)
    Posts like this are why I like this forum. Nabity would be a welcome addition.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Funniest thing ever - on the Bison basketball board they are calling SDSU "Transfer U' because two players have transferred in , while on the football board they have a 17 page thread about Frazier transferring in from the Huskers.

Comment

He just finished his freshman season with the Huskers and enrolled for the spring. He will be playing spring ball this year and will have three years of eligibility at NDSU. Why would he sit until 2015???

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          Funniest thing ever - on the Bison basketball board they are calling SDSU "Transfer U' because two players have transferred in , while on the football board they have a 17 page thread about Frazier transferring in from the Huskers.
          One person shouldn't be referred to as "they".

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
            He just finished his freshman season with the Huskers and enrolled for the spring. He will be playing spring ball this year and will have three years of eligibility at NDSU. Why would he sit until 2015???
            Misunderstanding on my part. I thought he'd have to sit out a year as a transfer.

I believe he will be a big time contributor

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              Posts like this are why I like this forum. Nabity would be a welcome addition.
              Still very preliminary. He loves going to school in Lincoln, but he does not see the ability to garner a scholarship or playing time there. I believe he has a younger sibling that will be entering school and a potential scholarship would be helpful. I've been told he is extremely competitive and he obviously had an outstanding prep career.
              Last edited by GopherHole; 01-21-2014, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                Doesn't he have to sit out next season (2014-15) since he transferred? Even if he transferred for this spring semester, he'd have an additional semester to sit out, meaning, the fall semester of 2014. Is this incorrect? I'm not saying he can't participate in spring ball or be on the team, but that he can't play in games. Am I misunderstanding the rule?
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                  Doesn't he have to sit out next season (2014-15) since he transferred? Even if he transferred for this spring semester, he'd have an additional semester to sit out, meaning, the fall semester of 2014. Is this incorrect? I'm not saying he can't participate in spring ball or be on the team, but that he can't play in games. Am I misunderstanding the rule?
                  He is moving down to FCS. Don't have to sit out a year.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    He is moving down to FCS. Don't have to sit out a year.
                    I thought you still had to sit. This is news to me. Good to know.
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                      I thought you still had to sit. This is news to me. Good to know.
                      FBS to FCS transfers do not have to sit. Any football player can transfer down without sitting. An FBS to FBS or FCS to FBS athlete has to sit one year. This is why so many FBS transfers choose the FCS route.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        Hah. But the rules don't apply there, and when they do it's the ref's fault, right?

Comment

Working...
                        X