Coaching changes at SIU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching changes at SIU

SIU coach Dale Lennon and a good friend of Coach Stig seems ton be hit the hardest with all these moves. Bubba Schwiegart, left to be head coach at UND, Lennon's former job. Also I read somewhere that Kaleb DeBoer left to be come part of the staff at Eastern Michigan. Now there is talk that Randy Hedberg, QB coach will become the QB coach at NDSU. If this happens then Lennon has three positions to fill. I suspect, Dale has some replacements in mind, but it seemed like he had a good staff at SIU.

Re: Coaching changes at SIU

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    SIU coach Dale Lennon and a good friend of Coach Stig seems ton be hit the hardest with all these moves. Bubba Schwiegart, left to be head coach at UND, Lennon's former job. Also I read somewhere that Kaleb DeBoer left to be come part of the staff at Eastern Michigan. Now there is talk that Randy Hedberg, QB coach will become the QB coach at NDSU. If this happens then Lennon has three positions to fill. I suspect, Dale has some replacements in mind, but it seemed like he had a good staff at SIU.
    I think everyone is jumping ship a year early before Dale gets let go.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Re: Coaching changes at SIU

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      I think everyone is jumping ship a year early before Dale gets let go.
      It appears to be what is happening, but guys like Schweigert, DeBoer and Hedberg have been marking time at SIU as an assistant, and looking for an opportunity to be a head coach somewhere or a better paying assistant job. DeBoer no doubt will make more at EMU than at SIU and Hedberg will no doubt get a raise if he decides to come to Fargo.

Comment

Working...
      X