Nuts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuts.

I think I've now heard the second best use of "nuts" in a conversation.

Zach Zenner was the NAU post-game interviewee. (The video is available from Terry Vandrovec and the Argus Leader.) Here's the question asked by TV and ZZ's response:

TV: Did the defense, as you're watching them, especially in the second half, from the sidelines, did they give you guys a boost?

ZZ: Well they were just playing their nuts off. I mean, there's no other way to describe it....

Geez I laughed when I watched that interview.*

*ZZ's great comment is used by JackedforLife in his board signature line.

Re: Nuts.

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

Zach Zenner was the NAU post-game interviewee. (The video is available from Terry Vandrovec and the Argus Leader.) Here's the question asked by TV and ZZ's response:

ZZ: Well they were just playing their nuts off. I mean, there's no other way to describe it....

It would be a shame to depend on a sperm bank to raise a family.

Comment

TV: Did the defense, as you're watching them, especially in the second half, from the sidelines, did they give you guys a boost?

I read this to Mrs. WRJ. She asked if the future Dr. Z is already planning to specialize in urology?
      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Obviously the video didn't pick up what he actually said.

His actual quote was:

"Well they were just playing their nutmegs off. I mean there's no other way to describe it..."
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Which is the first? I always thought general Mcauliffes usage was well done of the word.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

You got it, goon. In my book, McAuliffe's response to the German surrender demand is the best use of "Nuts" in my book.

Comment

Working...
            X