Winston Wright special recognition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winston Wright special recognition

From the Missouri Valley Football Conference website: All-State Insurance picks a "Good Works Team" and Winston Wright made the 22-player roster.

Story is here: http://valley-football.org/news/defa...od-works-team/

Congrats to Winston! By all accounts, he's a class act and a great representative for the University.

Re: Winston Wright special recognition

Congrats to Winston! A special young man with a deep faith, his impact reaches much further than the stadium. Great football player, even more incredible human being.

Side note, I couldn't help but notice how many of these young men came from middle america and the immediate surrounding area.

Comment

Winston was 1 of 11 selected from Football Championship Subdivision (FCS), Divisions II, III and NAIA. So that's 250+ schools, vs the 1 of 11 from the 140+ FBS schools. This is a REALLY RARE and SELECTIVE group.

CONGRATS & THANKS for all the GOOD DEEDS completed outside of football. Your contributions on the field are outstanding, but this award is for going into the community support activities.

Comment

He offered to pray for me when I told him at the endowment banquet two years ago that I had non-hogkins lymphoma. This fall at the banquet, I told him I was in remission and his comment was "Praise God, this is good news". Just a lovely young man with sense of faith and dedication. The world needs more Winston Wrights.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          He offered to pray for me when I told him at the endowment banquet two years ago that I had non-hogkins lymphoma. This fall at the banquet, I told him I was in remission and his comment was "Praise God, this is good news". Just a lovely young man with sense of faith and dedication. The world needs more Winston Wrights.
          Winston sounds like an impressive young man. Thanks for sharing that story,

Comment

He is also a leader and mentor to younger players. I had a younger football player in a basic video production class at SDSU. One of the students' assignments was to interview someone who inspires them. The RS freshman football player in my class interviewed Winston Wright.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Awesome recognition for a special young man. Congrats to Winston and his family.

Comment

The all state good works team honored at halftime of sugar bowl. Winston right in front with the Jack's jersey.

Comment

Here is the picture of Winston from the Sugar Bowl....https://twitter.com/SDSUFootball/sta...54848738881536

Comment

Working...
                  X