Friendly suggestions for USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friendly suggestions for USD

The Board of Regents report on athletic gate receipts at state universities shouldn't slip by without comment. (For more details, see the thread in News and Comment.) One highlight is that SDSU had $1.6 million in gate receipts last year compared with $478,000 at USD. In the spirit of the giving season, we Jacks fans should offer our friends at the state's second-largest university some suggestions for increasing gate receipts. Here are a few:
    1- Play the Jacks as often as possible.
    2- Require Coyote cheerleaders to wear more clothing.
    3- Pry the roof off the DakotaDome.
    4 - Move home basketball games to Elk Point.
    5 - Free beer!
    This space for lease.

Re: Friendly suggestions for USD

It would be more successful if they advertised the games on televison and encourage the fans attend.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Have to give them credit in one category, it's called winning. They are not there yet, but they are making strides!

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
        Have to give them credit in one category, it's called winning. They are not there yet, but they are making strides!
        Please explain to me what they've won?
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          I would say the yotes have won the billboard war. It was involved in the corn cup competition-right??
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Volleyball and Track and Field.

Comment

Definitely not baseball.
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                Definitely not baseball.
                Or wrestling.

Comment

My advice foreverything usd should try it.
                  1 don't suck.
                  2 if you suck, suck less.
                  3 more cowbell.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    Volleyball and Track and Field.
                    So thas two out of how many?

Comment

So USD received $210,000 for Copier & Printing Services. Did they print money to make their budget balance. No other South Dakota University received monies from Copier & Printing Services. Well 'Yotes if you are printing money, and only printing $210,000 then your doing it wrong.

Also USD received $60,000 for Laundry Services. Is USD laundering money for the athletic department. Is that what they teach at the USD Business School?

Well maybe the Laundry Services are legit, I guess Gruis needed to change his shorts when he $hit his pants after missing those two free throws against the Bison. You better increase your budget for Laundry Services this year.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                        So USD received $210,000 for Copier & Printing Services. Did they print money to make their budget balance. No other South Dakota University received monies from Copier & Printing Services. Well 'Yotes if you are printing money, and only printing $210,000 then your doing it wrong.

Also USD received $60,000 for Laundry Services. Is USD laundering money for the athletic department. Is that what they teach at the USD Business School?

Well maybe the Laundry Services are legit, I guess Gruis needed to change his shorts when he $hit his pants after missing those two free throws against the Bison. You better increase your budget for Laundry Services this year.

Classy. this post sums up most of the SDSU fan base this last year or so. We sit here and bitch about how childish USD is but then we pull stuff like this. C'mon guys, we are above this crap.

Comment

Originally posted by back it up jack View Post
                          we are above this crap.
                          Can USD borrow from SDSU's budget for laundry services then?

Comment

Originally posted by back it up jack View Post
                            Classy. this post sums up most of the SDSU fan base this last year or so. We sit here and bitch about how childish USD is but then we pull stuff like this. C'mon guys, we are above this crap.
                            Welcome to the board. This is the "smack" section. Most of us take comments/posts in the smack section with a grain of salt.

Keep posting, but don't take the smack section (and TransAmBison) to serious.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              Welcome to the board. This is the "smack" section. Most of us take comments/posts in the smack section with a grain of salt.

Keep posting, but don't take the smack section (and TransAmBison) to serious.
                              The interwebs is serious business.

Comment

Working...
                              X