1st Round at Northern Arizona 7 pm Nov 30th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Round at Northern Arizona 7 pm Nov 30th

This is a very winnable game and a reasonable draw. Airline tickets are $700-$750 round trip to Phoenix out of Omaha on Saturday morning returning Sunday afternoon. It is an easy drive from Phoenix to Flagstaff. I am tempted to make the trip.

Regardless, I will arrange for a party at Ben's Bar here in Yankton Saturday night at 7 pm. He will have the game in High Def on the big screen. Don't know if there will be a charter option or bus trip through SDSU. Any info is appreciated.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: 1st Round at Northern Arizona 7 pm Nov 30th

USD gave Northern Arizona a run at Flagstaff on Sept. 21, but the Coyotes got beat 22-16.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Flying out of Sioux Falls on allegiant might have lower prices.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
        It is less than 150 miles from Phoenix to Flagstaff. Looks to be about $500 on Allegiant.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
          I did not know about that option!! Excellent tip. Non stop for $480. Leave at 12:50 Saturday arrive by 3 pm. Fly out 8:30 Sunday and return by 12:05. I should do this.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Vegas isn't terrible far either (250 miles). Flagstaff is only about 120 miles from where I live. I'd go but I don't fly into 2pm (in Albuquerque), I'm in SD right now for the week. Flagstaff is a decent city. About 60K its at elevation (highest D-I team I believe). Its a pretty easy campus to get to. A bunch of new fast food restaurants are right by campus.

I'm going to guess that tickets will be pretty easy to get as its Thanksgiving weekend and they don't draw terribly well anyways.

Econolodge is right by campus and has rooms for $36 a night at hotels.com, its a cheap hotel but they do allow pets and your right there.

For those going I hope you have fun.

Comment

You guys got this game.

Get 'em Rabbits! I want to see a MVFC Championship this year!
              2011, '12, '13, '14, '15, '17 '18 & '19 FCS National Champions

Comment

Congrats and good luck to the Jackrabbits against the Lumberjacks. The Jacks will be wild next weekend.

Comment

Allegiant will be the best bet, bear in mind that you will not fly into Sky Harbor, you will fly into East Mesa.

Comment

Great draw for the Jacks.

NAU and EWU are winnable games.

Comment

Well this has completely changed my Thanksgiving plans. Originally my daughter and I were going to drive to Santa Barbara on Friday and go the to MBB game, then go to Cal Poly and check out the campus for her and then head home. On Sunday go to Palo Alto for the Standford MBB vs. the Jacks.

But now I think we will drive part of the way to Flagstaff on Friday, then onto Flagstaff on Saturday, go to the game and drive the 600 mile trip back on Sunday. If we win, I think we will fly to Spokane for the next game. My wife works in retail so she has to stay home anyway so we may as well travel while we are at it.

Go Big!!
                      Go Blue!!!
                      Go to Flagstaff!!!
                      Go Jacks!!!
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

I never thought about the elevation until someone mentioned it. It might be tough to get ZZ 30 carries in the light air. I don't know what happened to the RB depth chart yesterday, but Gandy made it a little more foggy now. But ZZ might have to get a few more plays off whether we like it or not. As long as Gandy and/or Rodriguez are effective.

In the offensively happy Big Sky NAU is giving up 140 on the ground and 200 passing. The Jacks (not Lumberjacks) should be able to move the ball. They have a back with over 1300 yards, so hopefully this newly rejuvinated run defense continues. I also noticed they have 8 defensive TDs. That's a little scary. Turnovers kill, but pick-6s are devastating.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                          I never thought about the elevation until someone mentioned it. It might be tough to get ZZ 30 carries in the light air. I don't know what happened to the RB depth chart yesterday, but Gandy made it a little more foggy now. But ZZ might have to get a few more plays off whether we like it or not. As long as Gandy and/or Rodriguez are effective.

In the offensively happy Big Sky NAU is giving up 140 on the ground and 200 passing. The Jacks (not Lumberjacks) should be able to move the ball. They have a back with over 1300 yards, so hopefully this newly rejuvinated run defense continues. I also noticed they have 8 defensive TDs. That's a little scary. Turnovers kill, but pick-6s are devastating.
                          Rodriguez was injured late in the game. Stig said on the post-game radio interview that it could be serious - didn't get anymore specific. If Gandy plays like he did yesterday , he is more than capable as the backup.

Comment

Maybe Turkey day will be in Flagstaff in order to adjust. The times I been out there have not noticed anything different due to altitude, but have not had as much as a touch game of football to base that on so it could be a problem. Lets hope not.

Comment

Two of those eight defensive TDs were fumble returns during the Montana game, one that went for 98 yards.

Comment

Working...
                              X