Tailgating at USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgating at USD

Anybody heading down for the game? Tailgating? The alumni site is always a great option.

Planning to spend a little time at a couple different sites while we are there. Last year in Brookings one of the Coyote FB alums brought down his smoker and did some wonderful ribs and chicken wings. Planning to stop by his site. Starting early, 8 am or sooner, going to make a full day out of it.

Win or lose should be able to have some fun. Jackrabbits can't have any more motivation than a rivalry game with a playoff spot on the line. This is why you put in the time and effort, to perform your best and hopefully win the game. I am looking forward to it.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Tailgating at USD

It's been a looooong time since I've been to Vermillion and I was curious where is a good place to eat after the game? One of my best friends called me today with tickets and we are road tripping north. His son is a freshman d-tackle for the Yotes and I want to take them someplace decent and relatively tame. I realize it will be busy, but we should have some time.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
      It's been a looooong time since I've been to Vermillion and I was curious where is a good place to eat after the game? One of my best friends called me today with tickets and we are road tripping north. His son is a freshman d-tackle for the Yotes and I want to take them someplace decent and relatively tame. I realize it will be busy, but we should have some time.
      7 miles west on highway 50 is Tobys Bar in Meckling. BEST broasted chicken there is anywhere.

Comment

If you want real good but spendy, go to Reds Steakhouse in downtown Verm. Also, if you want great food in large portions for a good price, go to Bunyons on the west end of Vermillion. Take Main Street west till right before you go down the hill towards Yankton.

to all my board friends and foes, if you would like to introduce yourself and have a Bloody Mary, I'll be in spot 18 south of the Dome. You are more than welcome to come meet, greet, and heckle.

YFE

Comment

If you like ruebens hit up whimps in burbank on your drive in. Best rueben ever imho.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Thanks for the tips! I'm getting hungry already.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
              7 miles west on highway 50 is Tobys Bar in Meckling. BEST broasted chicken there is anywhere.
              Yummy chicken, eat a thigh or two for me.

Comment

Thanks for the tips! I'm getting hungry already.
                Vermillion has very good places to eat.

As mentioned more formal and excellent steaks, finer foods then Red Steakhouse is your best option. You will want a reservation for Saturday.

Bunyons is great bar food, they have a daily noon special during the week that is fast and filling and always friendly service. Might get a little noisy in there after the game.

Silk Road has a variety of Asian food and I think the best curry in South Dakota.

Chae's has great Chinese food at a very good price. Silk Road, Chae's and Red are all close to one another on Main St.

The Old Lumbar Co. is a new bar and restaurant just south off Main St. I've heard great things, will be packed after the game.

If you like Italian, Little Italy's is pretty good.

Hoping you are celebrating a Jackrabbit victory Saturday afternoon.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I am looking for some ideas either tailgating or bar and grill that will be kid friendly never been to The dump I mean Vermillion to tailgate before.

Comment

I will double/triple/whatever the recommendations for Chae's, Red's, Bunyon's, and most of all Toby's! I'm not sure if it applies to anyone here, but if you're looking for something to eat late after a two or three (or ten) drinks down town, Cherry Street Grille is the place to go. Open late and cheap.

I'm not sure what the tailgating options are, but I will be at the First Bank & Trust tailgate and the Corn Growers tailgate. I shall be the tall skinny kid in the Naters Gonna Nate shirt if anyone would like to say hello.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                      If you want real good but spendy, go to Reds Steakhouse in downtown Verm. Also, if you want great food in large portions for a good price, go to Bunyons on the west end of Vermillion. Take Main Street west till right before you go down the hill towards Yankton.

to all my board friends and foes, if you would like to introduce yourself and have a Bloody Mary, I'll be in spot 18 south of the Dome. You are more than welcome to come meet, greet, and heckle.

YFE
                      Bunyons is still open? Wow, that was the place my grandpa would stop after work to have too many beers before he went home to Meckling. I havent been over on the side of Vermillion for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by cpop View Post
                        I am looking for some ideas either tailgating or bar and grill that will be kid friendly never been to The dump I mean Vermillion to tailgate before.
                        The SDSU alumni association tailgate tent is very family, kid friendly. There is a bar and grill in the bowling alley, hotel across the street from the dome that is family friendly as well but it will be packed.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          Bunyons is still open? Wow, that was the place my grandpa would stop to have too many beers before he went home to Meckling. I havent been over on the side of Vermillion for a long time.
                          The old dive bar building is gone. They knocked it down and rebuilt it and it now includes a beauty salon. The tree belt it was tucked away in is gone as well. The bar is wide open and I really miss the old, scary Bunyons. The actual bar top and bar itself are really cool, built by the owner.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            The old dive bar building is gone. They knocked it down and rebuilt it and it now includes a beauty salon. The tree belt it was tucked away in is gone as well. The bar is wide open and I really miss the old, scary Bunyons. The actual bar top and bar itself are really cool, built by the owner.

Thanks for the info. I guess i better drive by and check it out next time im in the area.

Comment

Working...
                            X