It's USD Super Bowl Week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's USD Super Bowl Week!

Good morning Jackrabbit fans! Just want to get things going with a hearty, full-throated Screw the U!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Re: It's USD Super Bowl Week!

Far across the plains of Brookings
    Stands an old abandoned Out house.
    Called the University(of South Dakota)

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      That is to true, but if your on campus looking at Vermillion, just turn around and there you will see an outhouse next to Coughlin. It is a much closer walk if you really need to use one.

It is OK to smack yourself is it not???
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        I believe it is:
        Far as I can see (bum-ba-bum-bum-bum-bum)
        Stands an old abandoned outhouse
        called the University
        It's at Vermillion

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
          I believe it is:
          Far as I can see (bum-ba-bum-bum-bum-bum)
          called the University
          It's at Vermillion
          You are close, but I think in goes like this

Far as the eyes can see (bum-ba-bum-bum-bum-bum-ba)
          called the University
          It's at Vermillion

The followed up with alternating:

Screw the U
          Hate State
          USD Fan

Comment

Boy I forgotten a number of details since leaving for the military in 1965. Thanks for the corrections. I let you all slug it out. Basically I think I am right. I remember SDSC became SDSU in 1964, and the song seemed to be about ourselves from that point on.

Comment

Anybody know if they still have a countdown clock for this game in their locker room?
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                Anybody know if they still have a countdown clock for this game in their locker room?
                I would hope not after last years beat down. Didn't see any billboards this year either. Must want as few people to see this years kerblastification as possible.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

There is a USD billboard on the edge of Brookings, close to where there was one last year. It says "Does this sign make you see red?" or something like that. It looks like an ad for the Huskers. It's boring.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

I admit I haven't seen the billboard -- is it on the wrong side of the interstate like the last one? I traveled I-29 past Brookings twice last week and didn't see it. Based on Jacked Up's report, it sounds like the masters of marketing must be hard at work. It's taken them a year to come up with that? Must be time to dust off the picture of the
                    USD Associate Athletic Directors in charge of marketing:

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      There is a USD billboard on the edge of Brookings, close to where there was one last year. It says "Does this sign make you see red?" or something like that. It looks like an ad for the Huskers. It's boring.
                      Wow,i'm impressed that they have a billboard up for a game that's actually in Vermillion.

Comment

I think it's a pretty generic sign, JP. It doesn't specifically promote the football game. And to JD's point, yes, the sign is on the wrong side of the interstate. It faces southbound traffic but is off the northbound traffic lanes. The upside, for USD, is that motorists going the wrong way in the wrong traffic lanes might get a good look at it.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                          I think it's a pretty generic sign, JP. It doesn't specifically promote the football game. And to JD's point, yes, the sign is on the wrong side of the interstate. It faces southbound traffic but is off the northbound traffic lanes. The upside, for USD, is that motorists going the wrong way in the wrong traffic lanes might get a good look at it.
                          That made me laugh...I can imagine some of the statements and colorful language of those drivers as they go by the sign in the wrong lane.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            Based on Jacked Up's report, it sounds like the masters of marketing must be hard at work. It's taken them a year to come up with that?
                            Those masters of marketing you reference are Lawrence & Schiller. Not exactly industry no-nothings.

We are talking about this supposedly "insignificant" billboard on an SDSU fans forum. I'd say they've done a hell of a job.

Comment

I was wondering about the clock thing too.

I would hope they recognize, in hindsight, how silly that made them look. "Only this game counts!", and then they went out and got destroyed.

Of course, getting last in the conference your first year in didn't help any.

They are much improved, I think. They learned (the hard way), that the Missouri Valley WAS a step up from the Great West. (despite what some of their fans thought).

Comment

Working...
                              X