Youngstown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youngstown

Today: UNI 22, Youngstown 20 in Cedar Falls. I know the focus has to be on a Coyote team that bears little resemblance to last year's Coyotes...but, that UNI score is an attention-grabber. Okay, back to focus on beating USD.

Re: Youngstown

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Today: UNI 22, Youngstown 20 in Cedar Falls. I know the focus has to be on a Coyote team that bears little resemblance to last year's Coyotes...but, that UNI score is an attention-grabber. Okay, back to focus on beating USD.
    This illustrates the parity in the MVFC. Lets take care of the Yotes next week.

Comment

I hate to look ahead, BUT IF the Bison beat YSU and the Jacks beat USD next week, then a SDSU win at YSU would mean both SDSU and YSU would be 8-4, 5-3 in the MVC.

Also, Crazy that 5-6 Missouri State has 5 MVC wins and could get their 6th in their season finale next week against UNI. What a year.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        I hate to look ahead, BUT IF the Bison beat YSU and the Jacks beat USD next week, then a SDSU win at YSU would mean both SDSU and YSU would be 8-4, 5-3 in the MVC.

Also, Crazy that 5-6 Missouri State has 5 MVC wins and could get their 6th in their season finale next week against UNI. What a year.
        Well, it seems as if both Missouri State and So. Illinois are much, much, better than advertised this season.

Comment

Win + Win = Playoffs.

Why not? They usually beat Youngstown. Good match up for them.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
            Yep. I thought this would happen. Huge game for the Jacks next weekend. They know what's at stake. They should come out with some fire in their eyes after today's big win. YSU has lost 2 in a row, and nearly lost to USD, while SDSU has won 3 in a row. Hess is banged up but they're saying he'll play, but who knows how effective he'll be.

Comment

So as of now the live video feed isn't listed on gojacks, but the guins do have it listed as a "pay per view event". Here is the link http://www.ysusports.com/multimedia/live_coverage

Should be an exciting game!
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I belive game will be on ESPN3

Comment

If you look at their scores from the season and our scores, there are a lot of similarities. They beat SIU lost to UNI, us vice versa. They had troubles with USD, but USD had their RB's at the time, too. They did let the Sycamores score, but I think Bell was only in his 7th concussion at the time so he was still handling the ball(I didn't look it up, so I could be wrong. I stand by the 7th concussion comment). I think this game could be a coin flip. We take care of the ball. That is our strength, so I'm going the coin flip lands with us. Shocking.
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Lots of guys banged up in the dome. Hoping they can recover quickly. Hess is a stud, need to keep him off the field.

Run Zenner, pass to Zenner, Sumner needs to manage the game. He has to stop holding the ball in the pocket and he has to start throwing it away when he is outside the pocket.

Last thing, the pistol offense is not the best for Sumner. I think it's cost the Jacks several games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      Lots of guys banged up in the dome. Hoping they can recover quickly. Hess is a stud, need to keep him off the field.

Run Zenner, pass to Zenner, Sumner needs to manage the game. He has to stop holding the ball in the pocket and he has to start throwing it away when he is outside the pocket.

Last thing, the pistol offense is not the best for Sumner. I think it's cost the Jacks several games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Hess is hurt only played a qtr yesterday, their second stringer heine or something went out, down to the 3 rd QB.

hess said he will play but I doubt will be very effective, their D line sucks period, pass coverage is nothing and if Zenner can hit the edge off tackle like Ojuri and Crockett did you guys will win.

Ojuri had 146 yds on 17 carries
                      Crockett had 120 on 15 carries
                      Jensen threw 4 TD's for 200 yds and ran 1 in

3 of the 4 passing TD's were in the flat to the FB and TE, basically if Steig attacks the edges like we did and control the TOP you win
                      BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

I found a YSU fan message board. Here is the link:http://ysupenguins.com/forum/index.p...ic,8601.0.html

The sense of pessimism is in the air in Youngstown. Injuries have hurt the team, and I agree with Tjbison, we can defend the run better than YSU. Lets hope our guys can hang together for one more game. I don't remember the score against USD, but it was high, and both USD backs were healthy. With a healthy QB, they moved the ball quite well in the fourth quarter against USD, plus they got 17 more points than SDSU did against the Bison. Its going to be a battle, with or without Hess.

Comment

I kept my parking pass. I want to use it Thanksgiving weekend. Just win boys.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                            I kept my parking pass. I want to use it Thanksgiving weekend. Just win boys.
                            oooh. Good call! hanging on to mine too!
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I think you guys will win without too much trouble. Youngstown has given up.

Comment

Working...
                              X