ISU/blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISU/blue

Back to the grindstone fro the boys. Here's hoping they got the rest and healing they need. Go 1-0 the next 3 weeks and we should be playing again on Thanksgiving weekend. Weather is slated to be high 20's and 30's, partly cloudy. It'd be nice to see 10K but still a lot of corn in the fields and some people unappreciative of the unique weather patterns that show up. To me this is the best weather but hey I guess Im crazy like that. Go Jacks!

Re: ISU/blue

Indiana State has lost the premier running back Shakir Bell. The Sycamores have not a win in the MVFC this year. The starting QB returned to action against Mo.State last week. Hopefully the rest and healing has been good for the Jackrabbits. This could be a game where points and offense come easier for the Jackrabbits. A win this week will pull the Jackrabbits even with the yotes in conference standings going into the Dome on the 16th.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      Indiana State has lost the premier running back Shakir Bell. The Sycamores have not a win in the MVFC this year. The starting QB returned to action against Mo.State last week. Hopefully the rest and healing has been good for the Jackrabbits. This could be a game where points and offense come easier for the Jackrabbits. A win this week will pull the Jackrabbits even with the yotes in conference standings going into the Dome on the 16th.
      They really brought the pressure against the run when they played us. Was a good day to give Brock real practice in the passing game. I'm guessing it should be the same for you guys. They seemed to be running in slow motion when covering the pass. They completely sold out on the run. This could be just what your passing game needs (Not implying anything bad about your passing game...just always good to fine tune things).

I guess I haven't followed Zenner's stats this year. Is this year comparable to last year?

Comment

ZZ is averaging 137 yds/game. That is lower than last year.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          ZZ is averaging 137 yds/game. That is lower than last year.
          TV mentioned this in his blog today. ZZ is fourth in rushing yards, for FCS.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
            Back to the grindstone fro the boys. Here's hoping they got the rest and healing they need. Go 1-0 the next 3 weeks and we should be playing again on Thanksgiving weekend. Weather is slated to be high 20's and 30's, partly cloudy. It'd be nice to see 10K but still a lot of corn in the fields and some people unappreciative of the unique weather patterns that show up. To me this is the best weather but hey I guess Im crazy like that. Go Jacks!
            Kelo shows a high of 46 for sat in sf. Is brookingd going to be that much colder?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
              Kelo shows a high of 46 for sat in sf. Is brookingd going to be that much colder?
              My KSFY WX app shows 38 high and 27 low and more clouds than sun for saturday in the 10 day outlook. As is with all long range forecasts it is subject to being wrong. Could be sunny and 60 or snowing and in the teens, gotta love SD weather.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                They really brought the pressure against the run when they played us. Was a good day to give Brock real practice in the passing game. I'm guessing it should be the same for you guys. They seemed to be running in slow motion when covering the pass. They completely sold out on the run. This could be just what your passing game needs (Not implying anything bad about your passing game...just always good to fine tune things).

I guess I haven't followed Zenner's stats this year. Is this year comparable to last year?
                Was that the game jensen broke 300 yards? If they try to stop the run would be great to pass over it. Hopefully we have better game planning this week then we have had other weeks.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Was that the game jensen broke 300 yards? If they try to stop the run would be great to pass over it. Hopefully we have better game planning this week then we have had other weeks.
                  Jensen went over 300 against Missouri St. He wasn't in long enough to go over 300 vs Ind St.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                    Jensen went over 300 against Missouri St. He wasn't in long enough to go over 300 vs Ind St.
                    That's what I am hoping happens in this game.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Hopefully this game is a confidence builder going into the last 2 weeks of the season...both Must Wins!

Comment

Here's a link to the game-day notes on the ISU-blue website.

http://www.gosycamores.com/pdf9/2560...B_OEM_ID=15200

I always enjoy reading the output from sports information offices (my college job was working SDSU's). Always optimists, SIDs can put a good light on just about anything. Here's an example from the notes: "The game will be broadcast live worldwide..." -- got your attention, right? Okay, here's the remainder of the sentence: "...on a pay-per-view basis on Sycamore Vision with Tyler Merriam (pbp), Mike Struck (color) and Scotty Kwas (sidelines) on the call." Ah, I'm just having a little fun with that...good basic pre-game info and tells a little about the coaches and the series.

The Sycamores are 0-5 in the Valley and have only one win on the season -- against lower-division Quincy, 70-7.

Comment

I found the ISU info to be interesting. Yes, there is evidence of lipstick on a pig, but they are putting their best effort in promoting their team which is what SID people do as JackJD said. I did not realize that they started their season off with two FBS games. This could be a close game if we allow it to happen. We cant be thinking about how we beat the Yotes until Saturday night. Special teams are a concern when a PR is returned for a score against NDSU. Some Bizzon players might be still doing laps for letting that happen.

Comment

If the Jacks can beat ISU blue, as they should, the foundation for a good season will remain in place. The Jacks would be 6-4 heading into USD's Super Bowl and a tough road game at Youngstown, which probably has a playoff slot locked up already. Winning all three games would leave the Jacks 8-4 and probably put them in the D-1 playoffs for the third time. I'm hoping the O-line will be healed up, and the rest of the team will be rested and hungry. It's time to get some swagger and use it.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

It's almost game day. Just go take care of business and whip their a$$ like you should. No field condition excuses, no wind excuses, no excuses. They are down, knock them out early.

One thing I like about the cold weather games...the fans who like to make noise show up.

Comment

Working...
                              X