USD VS YSU.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD VS YSU.

The Yotes nearly pulled off a win today losing 38-34. I watched most of the game on KDLT. I feel the Jacks are going to have to be ready to beat both of these teams in their house. YSU ran the ball quite freely. ZZ should get some yards in the Dome. Our pass defense will have to cover all their receivers or it will be a long day. I don't feel either game is in the win column.

Re: USD VS YSU.

I watched the whole thing. USD played pretty well. YSU was clearly the better team, but they self-destructed on numerous occasions, as is typical of the Wolford era there. But yes, both teams are solid and USD is strong at home.

One thing: I haven't watched a game in the DakotaDome in a long time. What's the deal with the bleachers being so close to the sidelines? Looks dangerous.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      I watched the whole thing. USD played pretty well. YSU was clearly the better team, but they self-destructed on numerous occasions, as is typical of the Wolford era there. But yes, both teams are solid and USD is strong at home.

One thing: I haven't watched a game in the DakotaDome in a long time. What's the deal with the bleachers being so close to the sidelines? Looks dangerous.
      The last time I watch a game at USD, Nelson was the QB, and the men's restroom was being repaired. I suppose around 2002.
      Nielsen went through an number improvements, and hopefully this is not one of them. It does look dangerous and it was mildly quiet compared to the Fabulous FargoDome, so having the bleachers close to the action does not increase the inside rumble noise.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post

You could see the bleaches because there were no fans in them. Its amazing that such a big game and USD can' t fill the place. I am sure the box score will report 10,000 or so.

Jacks will need o play extremely well to win at both YSU and USD. YSU fumbled enough times to keep USD in the game. USD has Montana, Jacks and NDSU left on their schedule. Tough duty.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Reported attendance 11,076
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
            Reported attendance 11,076
            Oh, hahahahahahahahahahanaaanahahahahaha. Good one prarie. That was hilarious. Ever thought about comedy?

Comment

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=323082754

Really?
              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                Sorry to report this but the link is a year old. This is 2012 game stats. There were 11076 fans in Youngstown, but not so sure about Vermillion today.

Comment

Our website says 6676. I do apologize because I see where you got it. I'm still pissed how we lost. I apologize

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                    Our website says 6676. I do apologize because I see where you got it. I'm still pissed how we lost. I apologize
                    I thought Yotes looked very good at times. They seem to stuff the draw plays and that does bother me. SDSU needs to control the line of scrimmage on both O and D in order to win the game on Nov 16th. YSU is better than last year but as someone else said they made some costly mistakes, like fumbles.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                      You could see the bleaches because there were no fans in them. Its amazing that such a big game and USD can' t fill the place. I am sure the box score will report 10,000 or so.

Jacks will need o play extremely well to win at both YSU and USD. YSU fumbled enough times to keep USD in the game. USD has Montana, Jacks and NDSU left on their schedule. Tough duty.

GBGBGJ
                      How many fans did SDSU have their last home game last year against E Illinois? Can't wait to watch USD throttle the Jacks in two weeks and read your excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                        Watching on TV, its tough to get a head count. I think this is accurate.

Comment

USD is going to play spoiler in two weeks. They'll be a really tough W.
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by OBC View Post
                            How many fans did SDSU have their last home game last year against E Illinois? Can't wait to watch USD throttle the Jacks in two weeks and read your excuses.
                            In the playoff game? Cause that was the playoffs, right? The playoff attendance is a problem SDSU will need to address in the future. Fortunately for USD, it seems like it's a problem that they won't have to worry about for awhile. Hopefully you guys will win some basketball games this year, though! That would be fun! Maybe lock down a 6 seed in the Summit League tournament? Can you imagine the excitement?! 50 or 60 USD fans politely clapping their asses off as their team gets throttled by anyone they face? Should be another exciting year for USD athletics!
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                              USD is going to play spoiler in two weeks. They'll be a really tough W.
                              Definitely agree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

Working...
                              X