Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a big deal?

https://twitter.com/chadgarrow/statu...89421804085248

USD people seem to think this is unfair that a high school coach would back one specific university. Which came first? the chicken or the egg. Maybe he is backing the Jacks because the roster has a lot of Brandon players on it. Apparently USD people think the Jacks have so many Brandon players because of the coach "backing the jacks.

Re: Is this a big deal?

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

USD people seem to think this is unfair that a high school coach would back one specific university. Which came first? the chicken or the egg. Maybe he is backing the Jacks because the roster has a lot of Brandon players on it. Apparently USD people think the Jacks have so many Brandon players because of the coach "backing the jacks.
    It's great for SDSU.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

#1) who cares what USD thinks!

And

#2) well, see #1,

Comment

You've got to be kidding me! Those shirts are 2 years old. Why didn't they share the pictures of the blue version from the three years ago? On the back of the shirts are footballs with the numbers of the BV graduates that play for SDSU. USD is pissed that the BV kids and parents saw through the smoke that "easy" Ed was blowing. Stig is a stand up guy, one that people can be proud that they played for. Maybe coach Glenn can change the perception left over from the previous staff.
        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Do the regulars on this board think the reaction on this board would be any different if the BV coach promoted the Coyotes?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            Do the regulars on this board think the reaction on this board would be any different if the BV coach promoted the Coyotes?
            Can't do much about it. Tastes like chicken.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
              #1) who cares what USD thinks!

And

#2) well, see #1,
              #3 Why would you want to play for a high school coach that backs USD?
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Not sure why usd would care. They get all the best teams from the state (in all 7 classes which is crazy) to play on campus every year for state football finals. Usd and high school football use to sell it big time the road to the dome ect and manytime many good players had that connection to usd and the dump just becasue the finals are played there. To many hgih school kids imho went there because of that impression it had on them at a young age. It was like a week of free recruiting for usd.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I don't get it. Where are USD people saying this is a big deal? Personal conversation?

For one, the Sylli the people are talking about in the tweets is a former Jackrabbit Football player and BV assistant coach. Chad Garrow's prodigy (Austin Sumner) is the starting QB along with 5 or 6 former Lynx players on the roster. Of course, BV backs the Jacks. They probably back Augie as well since at least two of the BV coaches are former Augie football players and they have sent a couple players to Augie as well. How many former Lynx players does USD have on roster?

USD is lame if they think this is a big deal. Its like me getting mad as SF Washington because all their most recent good players have gone somewhere besides SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                    I don't get it. Where are USD people saying this is a big deal? Personal conversation?

For one, the Sylli the people are talking about in the tweets is a former Jackrabbit Football player and BV assistant coach. Chad Garrow's prodigy (Austin Sumner) is the starting QB along with 5 or 6 former Lynx players on the roster. Of course, BV backs the Jacks. They probably back Augie as well since at least two of the BV coaches are former Augie football players and they have sent a couple players to Augie as well. How many former Lynx players does USD have on roster?

USD is lame if they think this is a big deal. Its like me getting mad as SF Washington because all their most recent good players have gone somewhere besides SDSU.
                    on that note being a Washington grad, SDSU has never really had many go to SDSU regardless of the sport even though a huge percent of the students who go to college chose SDSU, in the 90s there was a mens basketball play Ryan something maybe? but a couple of womens basketball players in Eide and Walters, since Harris came here for football and I was hoping we would get more of the top guys from washington this way but that didnt work out. The last one we got that i thought would be good here was Mohr, only ever heard great things about that kid but I think after his freshman year he transfered out. But your Right seems a lot of WHS grads go to USD and guess it doesnt bother me and I would guess the coaching staff doesnt mind really unless they were recruits they missed.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

What I find funny is that Garrow is a USF guy. His father-in-law is legendary USF coach Bob Young. Garrow played at USF and coached there as well. His allegiance is to his former players at SDSU. I'm sure if he had any former players on the USD roster, he would support them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                        #3 Why would you want to play for a high school coach that backs USD?
                        So you would learn and understand the game?

Comment

USD people seem to think this is unfair that a high school coach would back one specific university.
                          The "USD People" need to realize that we are now in "big time" college football. This isn't D2. I'm sure it doesn't apply to all USD fans, but whining because a coach backs the Jacks? C'mon. Have they ever read the stories of Nick Saban's recruiting efforts in the South? Some coaches at some schools will not even let their players visit with other head coaches. Saban has many, many schools on lockdown. Most of these coaches are then, shockingly, hired to help Saban run football camps in the offseason.

On the other hand, a head coach making t-shirts out of the deal is a little suspect. I have no problems with a parent making them, but a coach making them and distributing them is a little distasteful, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                            The "USD People" need to realize that we are now in "big time" college football. This isn't D2. I'm sure it doesn't apply to all USD fans, but whining because a coach backs the Jacks? C'mon. Have they ever read the stories of Nick Saban's recruiting efforts in the South? Some coaches at some schools will not even let their players visit with other head coaches. Saban has many, many schools on lockdown. Most of these coaches are then, shockingly, hired to help Saban run football camps in the offseason.

On the other hand, a head coach making t-shirts out of the deal is a little suspect. I have no problems with a parent making them, but a coach making them and distributing them is a little distasteful, IMO.
                            I would have a problem with it if he made any money off of them. I'd bet he probably lost money in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post

i appreciate the heads up on not realizing we are playing "big time" football now. Oh wait a second, you are one of the delusional fans ( I'm sure not all SDSU fans are). If you think you play "big time" football, you have no clue what "big time" football is. You play Division 1 FCS football. Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State to name a few, play big time football. The Jacks and the Coyotes don't. They play FCS level football. It's a blast to play the teams we now play, but if you think that your team this year would destroy a good SDSU or USD D-2 team of the past, you are mistaken. They would beat them, but not so bad. And for the record, how many BIG TIME teams have you beat in football? Don't make this out any more than what it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X