USD over Indiana State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD over Indiana State

USD beat Indiana State in the Dakota Dome today, 17-14 (fourth quarter field goal). I had to check the attendance...it was 6710. Seems to me USD fans should start showing up for the improving 'Yotes, now 3-3 on the season, 2-1 in the conference, and undefeated (3-0) at home.

Next week USD travels to Cedar Falls. I listened to the final few minutes of regulation and then the overtime period in UNI's loss to SIU at Ceder Falls today. Next Saturday is not going to be the ideal day to face the Panthers.

Re: USD over Indiana State

Was half way surprised to see the score. It seems maybe the yotes should've made the QB change a little earlier (not that the new guy has been lighting it up), but he's 2-0 now.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

USD should have won by more. They outplayed them the majority of the game. Earl threw 2 picks in the endzone and USD also fumbled twice with one of the fumbles setting up ISU's second TD. I thought Coyotes defense was pretty solid and thier corners covered very well. However ISU did not look very good and Perish thier starting QB was injured and missed most of the game and they struggled to do anything with the backup. I think the 6700 attendance is a little inflated too as the dome was not 2/3 full.

Comment

Sounds like you were at the game, JackBBfan. Will our O-Line be able to regularly open holes for Zenner when we play USD?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          Sounds like you were at the game, JackBBfan. Will our O-Line be able to regularly open holes for Zenner when we play USD?
          The upcoming week's game with USD v UNI should give you better insight into the answer. If I was to guess, I think your offense will have mixed results. I know your OL is strong and Zenner is a beast. Could be a difficult task for USD if your passing game is clicking at the same time. I believe you will see a much improved defensive unit from last year. My hope is that USD can get another win or two between now and then. USD is not very deep and the next four games could have some wear and tear on our guys.

Comment

I was at the game. Free ticket. I think we would be able to run the ball. ISU offensive line really stuggled in the game. I did think the Coyotes secondary had good coverage and the D-Line got a good rush on 2nd and 3rd downs if ISU did not get get good 1st down yardage. They never let the QB get set and that is with Tyler Starr sitting the first half. Coyotes will not get away making the mistakes they did in this game and win many games in the Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by JackBBFan View Post
              I was at the game. Free ticket. I think we would be able to run the ball. ISU offensive line really stuggled in the game. I did think the Coyotes secondary had good coverage and the D-Line got a good rush on 2nd and 3rd downs if ISU did not get get good 1st down yardage. They never let the QB get set and that is with Tyler Starr sitting the first half. Coyotes will not get away making the mistakes they did in this game and win many games in the Valley.
              Based on your observations, and I don't question what you witnessed, USD still has a ways to go. The last two wins are impressive but wins that they should have.

Comment

Originally posted by JackBBFan View Post
                Another important part of this is that they have already played WIU, MSU, and ISU-B....the three bottom teams in the conference outside of the Yotes. They now have a tough stretch with UNI, YSU, SDSU, and NDSU coming up. I think they will beat ISU-R. I have only watched bits and pieces of a few games for USD this year and they do look more like a MVFC team than last year in both style of play and skill set, but they still don't have a QB that you have to respect and that may hold them back against the top half of the Valley.
                Last edited by BigGoosie13; 10-15-2013, 01:24 PM. Reason: another post, another mis spelt worded

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  Based on your observations, and I don't question what you witnessed, USD still has a ways to go. The last two wins are impressive but wins that they should have.
                  Obviously it's an improvement but i wouldn't call eeking out 2 home wins against a couple of teams who are a combined 2-11 as impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                    Obviously it's an improvement but i wouldn't call eeking out 2 home wins against a couple of teams who are a combined 2-11 as impressive.
                    I'm with you there. The defense has been very good against some teams that have some injuries and offensive struggles. That said, the defense has also been good against some decent offensive teams. Joe Glenn has his guys believing in one another right now. He is talking playoffs and that is because he wants his players to play like that.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      I'm with you there. The defense has been very good against some teams that have some injuries and offensive struggles. That said, the defense has also been good against some decent offensive teams. Joe Glenn has his guys believing in one another right now. He is talking playoffs and that is because he wants his players to play like that.
                      Obligatory:
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                      X