SDSU at WIU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU at WIU

No chatter on the WIU game? It's homecoming in Macomb. They have a new coach in Bob Nielsen and many will recall he was hired away from Minnesota-Duluth where he won two national titles - 08 & 10 (his record at Duluth was 100-26).

The Leathernecks are 1-1 in the conference and 3-3 for the season. Their MVFC win is over USD, 24-10 at Macomb. The MVFC loss was 21-35 at Illinois State. Out of conference wins are over Hampton and Quincy -- okay, not the toughest competition. Out of conference losses were at Minnesota, 12-29 and at UNLV, 7-38.

The 'Necks' quarterback, Rdshrt Freshman Trenton Norvell, is on the Jerry Rice watch list.

Link to the pre-game story on GoJacks.com: http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...B_OEM_ID=15000

Re: SDSU at WIU

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    No chatter on the WIU game? It's homecoming in Macomb. They have a new coach in Bob Nielsen and many will recall he was hired away from Minnesota-Duluth where he won two national titles - 08 & 10 (his record at Duluth was 100-26).

The Leathernecks are 1-1 in the conference and 3-3 for the season. Their MVFC win is over USD, 24-10 at Macomb. The MVFC loss was 21-35 at Illinois State. Out of conference wins are over Hampton and Quincy -- okay, not the toughest competition. Out of conference losses were at Minnesota, 12-29 and at UNLV, 7-38.

The 'Necks' quarterback, Rdshrt Freshman Trenton Norvell, is on the Jerry Rice watch list.

Link to the pre-game story on GoJacks.com: http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...B_OEM_ID=15000
    All these things mentioned by JackJD, we are going to have to bring our A GAME, what ever that is, or put another way our best ability.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 10-10-2013, 02:57 PM.

Comment

I have a feeling the Jacks are gonna come out of their funk and curb stomp these guys. Score prediction: 38-7

Comment

Good luck Saturday Jacks. Hopefully the SDSU ship will be righted and floating true again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1bizon1 View Post
          Good luck Saturday Jacks. Hopefully the SDSU ship will be righted and floating true again!
          Amen ! To the grave with Western Illinois.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

What's the scouting report on the WIU offense JackJD? Option, similar to what we have seen? Or is it now time for something completely different?

Comment

It's kind of sad to think we are into "must win" situations this early into the season but I think that's where the Jacks are if they have post-season aspirations.

The SUPERBUNNY keys to the game:

1. Hit WIU in the mouth on both sides of the ball. Both lines need to win the individual battles to get things back on track.
              2. Get rid of the vanilla SDSU ice cream on offense. Everyone loves vanilla, it's the best seller, but if you want to be successful selling ice cream you've got to have a variety of flavors. The offense needs to do the same. The opponents defenses are loading the box daring us to do something different. Until we do something to change them and make them play us honestly we will struggle.
              3. Do whatever possible to get Sumner's confidence back. He missed a lot of open guys last week. He's got the tools, just needs his swagger back.
              4. Win the turnover battle. Nuff said.
              5. No big returns on kick coverage.
              6. Score first! Get the monkey off the back and put points up first.

Pretty simple stuff.

I will be watching and yelling at my TV. These guys can do it! Just have to believe and execute.

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Is this game on TV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                  Is this game on TV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                  Game is on KDLT.

Comment

My DirectTV guide says that the Dew Action Sports tour is airing that time.... I can go with preempting that for the Jackrabbits.
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                      My DirectTV guide says that the Dew Action Sports tour is airing that time.... I can go with preempting that for the Jackrabbits.
                      Ditto here re: directv. The Argus says it is on KDLT, unless that is a misprint.

If true, much better than Midco for us Directv users!

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack View Post
                        Game is on KDLT.
                        The KDLT schedule on the net indeed shows Jackrabbits @ 3.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

The campus police at Macomb must have missed some tailgaters. The television shot caught some late party people at WIU.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Well that's a good start. Sumner to Jones for a 24 yard touchdown, after a JeRyan Butler pick. 7-0 Jacks.

Comment

Intercepted again! Jacks at the WIU 27.

Comment

Working...
                              X