NO POINTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO POINTS

Anyone know how long it has been since we've put up a goose egg at home?

I can't think of a time in recent history.

The only one I can think of was an away game at Montana (7-0) in 2005(ish).

EDIT - from the gojacks write up:

" the Jackrabbits were shut out at home for the first time since a 35-0 defeat to NDSU in 1991"

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=209270602

Of course, it just HAD be vs the gall blasted Bison
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Re: NO POINTS

We could've played all night and not scored against the Bison 'D' today...
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I knew their D was good, but c'mon, I thought we would at least score ONCE.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I knew they were good too,but never thought our o-line would get completely man- handled like that.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
          I knew they were good too,but never thought our o-line would get completely man- handled like that.
          Bingo, and our D seem to want to see the whites of Jensen's eyes before they commenced a take down tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Bingo, and our D seem to want to see the whites of Jensen's eyes before they commenced a take down tackle.
            I may be out of line,or not but, aren't they coached to play that way?

I mean to contain rather than react.
            The point being,if a player in practice fails to contain,they get yelled at and diciplined for not following instuctions,so they are conditioned to react to this situation in the way they are coached.Am i wrong in thinking this way?
            I really don't have a good grasp on how much freedom our players have to make their own decisions without fear of being reprimanded.I suppose it has to be this way so the coaching staff can maintain control, otherwise it would be utter chaos.
            Just say'n,anyone care to comment?

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              I may be out of line,or not but, aren't they coached to play that way?

I mean to contain rather than react.
              The point being,if a player in practice fails to contain,they get yelled at and diciplined for not following instuctions,so they are conditioned to react to this situation in the way they are coached.Am i wrong in thinking this way?
              I really don't have a good grasp on how much freedom our players have to make their own decisions without fear of being reprimanded.I suppose it has to be this way so the coaching staff can maintain control, otherwise it would be utter chaos.
              Just say'n,anyone care to comment?
              The Bizun did not show any hesitation in bringing Sumner down when they had him corralled. Why should we? This in itself my explain the NDSU 9 for 16 for 3rd down conversions and our 1 out 12. The Bizun were very aggressive and there is no reason SDSU should not be. Stig and Bohl are friends from way back, but this is not reason for allowing what did happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Another thing that bothers me about our tackling is that we seem to be more interested in stripping the ball play rather than just stopping the play. It seems like we take every tackle off to the side to rip at the ball and give them extra yards. It gets very frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                  Another thing that bothers me about our tackling is that we seem to be more interested in stripping the ball play rather than just stopping the play. It seems like we take every tackle off to the side to rip at the ball and give them extra yards. It gets very frustrating.
                  We do the same thing. When it works, fans applaud the aggressiveness, when it doesn't fans criticize the lack of wrapping up. Your defense held us down for three quarters...they did a very good job.

Comment

Working...
                  X