• Show
Clear All

• ndsu

Back to present 1-0 this week.
    Should be a whale of a game. Go Jacks!
    We...ARE...STATE!
    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Re: ndsu

The Bison offense is better compared to last year; passing game seems to be improved.

If the Bison D-line can get consistent pressure on Sumner then the Bison have a real good chance of winning. ZZ will probably get his yards this year playing at CAS but not his usual 150 +. The key for the Jacks is Sumner; if he can sustain drives and keep the Bison offense off the field than the Jacks have a real good chance of winning.

The Bison defense has been pretty steady so far this year and IMO that will continue in Brookings.

Bison win 31-17

Comment

An observation about Sumner that TV shared in today's blog:

"It’s easy to tell by looking at the stats that SDSU QB Austin Sumner is healthier and/or further along mentally than he was last season. Through four games in 2012, he was 48 of 102 for 551 yards with 4 TDs and 6 INTS. Four games in this season, he’s 65 of 107 for 993 yards with 5 TDs to 2 INTs."

He and Cam Jones seemed to click last week. Let's hope we see more of that this week.

Comment

Edit: double post.

Comment

SDSU needs to put pressure on the opposing quarterback and that will be critical against NDSU. We just let a RFreshman pick us apart in Lincoln because we had ZERO hurries. We need to put the heat on to create things defensively. If not, it could be a tough week. Brock Jensen is a proven leader and will pick us apart.

I'm confident the offense will do its part and not give the Bison turnovers.

Also echo whomever said we need to bring the noise this week. Let's make it a big home field advantage!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Our defense has to play way way way way way way better than last week for us to win this game. I have a hunch we won't move the ball on NDSU like we did against Nebraska. Our defense has to step up.

Comment

Unless the Jacks score in some unorthodox ways (D/ST) this may not even be close. ZZ did not perform well against these guys last year in either game and it's pretty much the same defense. Hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                Unless the Jacks score in some unorthodox ways (D/ST) this may not even be close. ZZ did not perform well against these guys last year in either game and it's pretty much the same defense. Hope I'm wrong.
                ZZ work on strength all summer and probably had this game in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  ZZ work on strength all summer and probably had this game in mind.
                  Doesn't matter how strong Zenner is if our line gets manhandled by NDSU like it did last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                    Doesn't matter how strong Zenner is if our line gets manhandled by NDSU like it did last year.
                    I definitely agree with this. A large portion of it is out of Zenner's hands. I did like how our O-line held their own against the Huskers though.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                      I definitely agree with this. A large portion of it is out of Zenner's hands. I did like how our O-line held their own against the Huskers though.
                      Different year and different match up.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        Our defense has to play way way way way way way better than last week for us to win this game. I have a hunch we won't move the ball on NDSU like we did against Nebraska. Our defense has to step up.
                        This years defense is suspect. The unusual amout of turnovers to start the year has saved this team. Without them the UND and the SELA game outcomes would have been vastly different.

A team like NDSU isn't going to turn the ball over in crucial situations. If the defense doesn't get a few things figured out this week it could be a long Saturday.

The Jacks are going to need to play flawless ball to win on Saturday.
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                          This years defense is suspect. The unusual amout of turnovers to start the year has saved this team. Without them the UND and the SELA game outcomes would have been vastly different.

A team like NDSU isn't going to turn the ball over in crucial situations. If the defense doesn't get a few things figured out this week it could be a long Saturday.

The Jacks are going to need to play flawless ball to win on Saturday.
                          As much as I hope you are wrong, I fear you are right in your analysis.

Comment

I think the Bison end up winning by two scores.

Comment

Wish I could share more optimism than some of y'all, but I simply can't. Our defense, usually a strength, is a MAAAAAAAAJOR concern to me this season. Don't know what happened, but it's not going well. And while our kickers are good, our special teams units are, as we have spent no shortage of time discussing on this forum, pretty awful more times than not. Coverage and return squads have not been even adequate. While the offense has been solid all season, I remain quite worried that we don't have wide receivers who can get downfield or pose any serious breakaway threat. We'll get our points, but probably not enough. And, at the risk of really agitating everybody, how badly we were outcoached in the playoff game last year scares me to death. Unless our D somehow rejuvenates itself in a week's time, I can see it getting ugly...something like 41-24 with the good guys in blue on the short end of the stick.
                              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                              X