Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL 2013 Season

All I can say is Christian Ponder....sigh

Not feeling real good about my Vikes....atleast with the Broncos-Ravens, Niners-Packers, and Giants-Cowboy games their has been interesting games today. I'm also real curious to see how Chip Kelly implements his offense with the Eagles Monday.

Re: NFL 2013 Season

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
    All I can say is Christian Ponder....sigh

Not feeling real good about my Vikes....atleast with the Broncos-Ravens, Niners-Packers, and Giants-Cowboy games their has been interesting games today. I'm also real curious to see how Chip Kelly implements his offense with the Eagles Monday.
    I keep expecting Tim Tebow to show up in Minnesota .... sigh
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
      Don't say that....get those words out of your mouth right now!

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
        Please! Give Tebow more credit than making that mistake! But, he insists he is an NFL QB and Minnesota clearly needs one.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Breakings news...I'm a Redskin fan so I try to follow them pretty close and I just saw on the news that the Redskins have finally agreed to change their logo.

skins logo.jpg
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            Breakings news...I'm a Redskin fan so I try to follow them pretty close and I just saw on the news that the Redskins have finally agreed to change their logo.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]467[/ATTACH]
            LOL that's good

Comment

I'm a lifelong Vikings fan (I've forgiven my father for that - God rest his soul) and I've endured a lot. I wanted to give Ponder a chance but how can you let the clock keep ticking as the best RB in the game gets older everyday? It's not like there are a lot of QB's out there and don't you have to give Cassel a chance?

Who would be a good veteran option for the Vikes to get without selling the farm? Roethlisberger, Rivers not sure if/when/who will be free agents next year. Anyone with insight/hope for me? I'm getting older myself and our new team logo/moto seems to be "once in my lifetime"!

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                I'm a lifelong Vikings fan (I've forgiven my father for that - God rest his soul) and I've endured a lot. I wanted to give Ponder a chance but how can you let the clock keep ticking as the best RB in the game gets older everyday? It's not like there are a lot of QB's out there and don't you have to give Cassel a chance?

Who would be a good veteran option for the Vikes to get without selling the farm? Roethlisberger, Rivers not sure if/when/who will be free agents next year. Anyone with insight/hope for me? I'm getting older myself and our new team logo/moto seems to be "once in my lifetime"!
                Ponder actually played a decent game this week, but it was still bad compared to his fellow quarterbacks. Ponder has a role in the NFL, it is as a backup qb that can spot start the occasional game. The fact of the matter is Ponder has the best RB in the league and a Receiving corps that is actually pretty good when you combo Jennings, Patterson, Simpson, Wright, and Rudolph together. It is hard to tell how good or bad the OL really is because they are always facing a stacked box.

I don't know which direction the Vikes are going to go, but we need a real quarterback. There is a long list of quarterbacks that would love the opportunity to throw with 7+ guys in the box every snap.....lets find one of those guys. I personally think a guy like A.J. McCarron or Kirk Cousins of the Redskins would be a perfect fit for us. Also, the Vikings need to get a real 3rd down runningback....Gerhart is slow and still thinks he can plow guys over like he did in college. True third down backs are quick and can actually make guys miss them in open field.

I will probably go into depression if we lose to the Browns this week....Skol Vikes!

Comment

The Vikings have the worst receiving corps and quarterback in their own DIVISION. Packers: Nelson, Jones, Cobb, Finley and Rodgers. Bears: Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, Bennett (along with Forte) and Cutler. Lions: Megatron...'nuff said, Ponder could even actually look good with him and Stafford's not too shabby.

Back to the basement of the division if Detroit can stay out of their own way. And they'll be there as long as Ponder and Cassell are there. By then Peterson will be done. He only needs 2,300 and change to get to the 2,500 he thought he could get to this year. He'll need all of that for them to be .500.

Comment

Yep my Vikings suck...no bones about it. The worst part is the Vikings will stumble into enough wins to get bumped to far down the draft to make a bad season bearable.

Comment

What I can't understand is how the same Vikings offensive line as last year can suck so bad this year. They can't run or pass block. They have the best RB in the league and can't open a hole for him , even with two tight-ends. And as bad as Ponder is , he might do a little bit better if he wasn't fearing for his life back there.

Comment

When I die, I hope the Minnesota Vikings are my pallbearers... so they can let me down one last time.
                        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

So, Vikings fans, is it "Bomb for Bridgewater time"?

I'm a Bears fan, so life is good so far this year.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            What I can't understand is how the same Vikings offensive line as last year can suck so bad this year. They can't run or pass block. They have the best RB in the league and can't open a hole for him , even with two tight-ends. And as bad as Ponder is , he might do a little bit better if he wasn't fearing for his life back there.
                            Honestly, the Vikings have had an overrated O-line going back to the Birk, Hutchinson, McKinney days. Back then we were able to make up for it by having a fresh Chester Taylor and AD, and then eventually the one good year with Favre. They've been bad the entire Ponder era, last year the line was able to open up a couple of holes a game and that is where AD's yards came from....a lot of famine, famine, feast.

I agree it is not all fair to blame everything on Ponder (I'm guilty of this), but he does not help out his line that much. Ponder just doesn't have the feel in the pocket about when to step up or roll out, he just rolls out or runs into a sack. The part that really frustrates me with Ponder is his decision making, he just has a lot of wtf moments. He just can't hit a moving target, which is a must to be anything more than a below average NFL qb. Defenses just have no fear of Ponder making the big throws which allows the defense to throw 8 guys in the box every play.

At the end of the day the Vikings offense, defense, and special teams are all bad and that is why they are 0-3. Is it sad that I believe the Vikings will give their second straight opponent their first win of the season next week (subject to how the steelers do tonight)?

Comment

Also, unless the Vikings can win the next 3 games and get some hope back, it might be time to start shopping Jared Allen around and see if we can get some sort of pick for him. It's been fun watching him, but his production is starting to decline and the Vikings aren't likely to offer him enough to re-sign him anyways.

Comment

Working...
                              X