IOC Reversal: Wrestling back in Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IOC Reversal: Wrestling back in Olympics

The IOC reversed its position and wrestling will be included in the 20 and 24 Olympics.

One of several stories on the 'net: this one from the Denver Post: http://www.denverpost.com/olympics/c...rce=jBarTicker

Re: IOC Reversal: Wrestling back in Olympics

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    The IOC reversed its position and wrestling will be included in the 20 and 24 Olympics.

One of several stories on the 'net: this one from the Denver Post: http://www.denverpost.com/olympics/c...rce=jBarTicker
    AWESOME, Will not miss these on TV from now on!

Comment

the wrestling community did a nice job in mobilizing support and making its case before the IOC. I was ticked off when I first read about the plan to drop wrestling.

Comment

the wrestling community did a nice job in mobilizing support and making its case before the IOC. I was ticked off when I first read about the plan to drop wrestling.
        As was I (ticked off that is)! But now it is back where it needs to be, although another hurdle still looms down the road...getting it back into the Core 25. Anyway, this is a good start to accomplishing that as well. Good stimulus for our upcoming teams! GO JACKS!

Comment

Fortunately for wrestling , many countries win medals in the games and it's not a sport the USA dominates, like softball and baseball (or used to anyway)True, we've had success in wrestling,but to successfully lobby against an IOC decision requires outrage from many countries from all over the globe to get a reversal,IMO

Comment

Working...
          X