Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Dakota

Time to turn the page. 1-0 this week.
    Super excited for this game and planning on making the trip.
    We...ARE...STATE!
    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Re: North Dakota

TV in yesterday's game chat kept referring to this as a big trap game. Is it?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      I don't think so, doesn't fit the definition . To me a "trap game" is one you overlook because of a tougher opponent the following week.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
        I don't think so, doesn't fit the definition . To me a "trap game" is one you overlook because of a tougher opponent the following week.
        You mean like NU the week before NDSU right? Sorry husker fans.

Seriously though, we need to control the clock and grind this out. It seems well-established that UND struggled on D last year, especially against the run.

edit: stole the joke from a tweet made by @wagner_farms
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Only if we lose.....

Comment

Here is another thread started weeks ago

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?12991-UND-Game

Comment

I hope we come ready to play...UND looked great against Valpo, and yes, I know it was Valpo, but still...

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                I hope we come ready to play...UND looked great against Valpo, and yes, I know it was Valpo, but still...

I watched the UND/Valpo game on TV up here.....Valpo is a joke.

UND has some very good WRs but their QBs are very young and have only 1 game experience.

UND will crowd the box to stop ZZ. Sumner needs to be efficient in the game with moving the chains. Stig is like Coach Bohl.....run the ball, play good defense and play the field position game.

SDSU wins this 35-13

Comment

Originally posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
                  I watched the UND/Valpo game on TV up here.....Valpo is a joke.

UND has some very good WRs but their QBs are very young and have only 1 game experience.

UND will crowd the box to stop ZZ. Sumner needs to be efficient in the game with moving the chains. Stig is like Coach Bohl.....run the ball, play good defense and play the field position game.

SDSU wins this 35-13
                  I hope that as the season progresses that we see Sumner cut loose by the offensive coaches. We talk about how we have one of the best RBs in the country, but I think we now have a QB that, when healthy, doesn't have many equals in the FCS. ZZ had to carry the load last year because of the thumb, and now that it is healthy, the workload should lessen a bit.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                    I hope that as the season progresses that we see Sumner cut loose by the offensive coaches. We talk about how we have one of the best RBs in the country, but I think we now have a QB that, when healthy, doesn't have many equals in the FCS. ZZ had to carry the load last year because of the thumb, and now that it is healthy, the workload should lessen a bit.
                    I would love to be our offensive cordinator with our skilled guys and experienced line. Frankly I would love to see some power running threats with a split backfield like we use to have with koenig and minnet. Love to get cam jones more touches. Either in the flash or or lined up in different wide outs. Don't want to see any 5 yard out throws. I Know that's all we use to see when tob was QB but sumner is lethal over the middle inside slants and the deep ball. Send schinder and TT deep and hubert across the middle.

My pipe dream would be seeing jones take a few snaps at QB in the flash every game but also in the zone option read and the triple option. Imagine him rolling out with zenner as a pitch man or schnider or TT going deep to keep the D honest with a deep atheletic line. The possibilites of this offense are limitless. Wish the coaches saw it that way too.

Anyway yeah this could be a trap game. I know this isn't one of the games I cicrled when the schedule came out. Between the home open and nu and ndsu ealy in the season then next 2 weeks are where we will find out about this team.

What an exicitng time to be a jackrabbit. Let's go 1-0 this week.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

They need to take the flash package with Zenner lined up in the backfield out of the playbook. I hate that formation unless they put somebody in that package that can throw and run. Would rather see Cam Jones on a sweep similar to what the Vikings did with Coradelle Patterson in the preseason. Much more effective ways to get Cam Jones the without using the ridiculous Wildcat
                      Last edited by witness; 09-02-2013, 05:31 PM.
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I think the more time teams get to locate ZZ and focus in on him,the less effective he is.He's at his best when it's a very quick developing, run designed play, that utilizes his strengths,explosiveness and speed.Got to catch the secondary flat footed.If the blocking is there,and the ball is put in his hands quickly enough to utilize the blocking,he's gone before they can react.Of course,it depends on the blocking,can't simply run him into a wall,won't work,got to blow open a hole.Maybe a big full back lead runner (who can keep up with Zenner a little better than an OL) to take care of the first defender,and then get out of the way.
                        Last edited by jackdaniel; 09-02-2013, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                          They need to take the flash package with Zenner lined up in the backfield out of the playbook. I hate that formation unless they put somebody in that package that can throw and run. Would rather see Cam Jones on a sweep similar to what the Vikings did with Coradelle Patterson in the preseason. Much more effective ways to get Cam Jones the without using the ridiculous Wildcat
                          What's the guess? How much of the playbook was NOT shown against Butler. BTW, who is better, Butler or Valpo? Anyone got a read on that?

Comment

What's the guess? How much of the playbook was NOT shown against Butler. BTW, who is better, Butler or Valpo? Anyone got a read on that?
                            Valpo lost to Butler last year 56-17.

Comment

Butler was picked number 2 in PFL. Valpo was picked 10th, just ahead of Mercer and Stetson both of whom are in 1st year of resurrected football programs.

Butler is perhaps a bit better than Valpo
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                              X