PDA

View Full Version : In other games.....

Southeast
08-29-2013, 07:05 PM
It's the opening night for college football and games are underway. I thought I'd start a thread where we can discuss and post scores from other games.

-Indiana State trails Indiana 28-7 at the start of the 2nd quarter. Ouch! That game is on one of the Big Ten Network channels (with Minnesota/UNLV on the other).

- Illinois State leads Ball state 14-9 in the 2nd.

-UND/Valpo is just getting underway on Midco.

-NDSU and KSU fans are locked in a tight smack talking, homerific-score-prediction battle with 24 hours to game time. Can both teams somehow lose that game? Please.

tjbison
08-29-2013, 07:26 PM
It's the opening night for college football and games are underway. I thought I'd start a thread where we can discuss and post scores from other games.

-Indiana State trails Indiana 28-7 at the start of the 2nd quarter. Ouch! That game is on one of the Big Ten Network channels (with Minnesota/UNLV on the other).

- Illinois State leads Ball state 14-9 in the 2nd.

-UND/Valpo is just getting underway on Midco.

-NDSU and KSU fans are locked in a tight smack talking, homerific-score-prediction battle with 24 hours to game time. Can both teams somehow lose that game? Please.

nothing wrong with smack, why does it matter if fans banter??

Nidaros
08-29-2013, 08:45 PM
Missouri State is now trailing Northwestern, LA? 23-17, NSU just scored on a 51 yard pass connect. Both teams have 7 win between from last year. NSU 4-7 and NSU 3-8. Its on Mediacomm22, not a fun game to watch. Sumner should have a good day with passing against MSU.

Prairiehaas
08-29-2013, 08:57 PM
YSU 21, Dayton 10
WIU 42, Hampton 6
MSU 17, NwSU 23
ISUtr 21, Ball St 44
ISUb 28, IU 59

sdsu_drake
08-29-2013, 09:39 PM
UND is up 63 to 10 on Valpo in the 4 th

Prairiehaas
08-29-2013, 09:44 PM
YSU 28, Dayton 10 - Final
WIU 42, Hampton 9 - Final
MSU 17, NwSU 23 - Final
ISUr 28, Ball St 51 - Final
ISUb 28, IU 66 - 4th

tjbison
08-29-2013, 10:12 PM
Off topic, but SDSU beats the undies, I watched tonight and wow

Zener better get pumped because he will have AM yds in one game

GO JACKS

Prairiehaas
08-29-2013, 10:13 PM
ISUb 35 - IU 73 - Final. Defense anyone? Anyone?

bigticket1
08-29-2013, 10:27 PM
ISUb 35 - IU 73 - Final. Defense anyone? Anyone?
To make it even worse , Shakir Bell suffered a shoulder separation in the game.

Prairiehaas
08-29-2013, 10:37 PM
Tough break for The Trees. They will miss Bell sorely, though they do have a week off in Sept. after Quincy.

Interesting stats. YSU scores 28 points on 367 yds rushing and 73 yds passing against PFL Dayton.

Southeast
08-30-2013, 09:53 AM
What a terrible start for Indiana State. The rest of the MVC did not do much better. I expected Illinois St. to hang in there better with Ball St.

SDSU's next two opponents both picked up blow-out wins.

UND destroyed Valpo 69-10. I watched the beginning of that game and UND was ahead 14-0 after running only a single offensive play.

SE Louisiana thumped SE Missouri St 45-7. Thier QB rushed for 108 yards and 3 TD.

RowdyRabbit
08-30-2013, 01:03 PM
I too, expected Ill. St. to give Ball St. a game. Ind. St. I was a little more suspect of, because didn't they graduate their Qb?

I was disappointed to see MSU lost, that was probably their only winnable non-conf. game. Iowa, Murray St.(who they lost to last year) and Central Arkansas round out their non-conf. schedule.

Nidaros
08-30-2013, 04:27 PM
I too, expected Ill. St. to give Ball St. a game. Ind. St. I was a little more suspect of, because didn't they graduate their Qb?

I was disappointed to see MSU lost, that was probably their only winnable non-conf. game. Iowa, Murray St.(who they lost to last year) and Central Arkansas round out their non-conf. schedule. I watched the MSU-NSU game on MC22, and MSU seems to be the exact team they were four years ago. Not much improvement. Central Arkansas will beat them by 20.

Kemo
08-30-2013, 07:02 PM
SE Louisiana thumped SE Missouri St 45-7. Thier QB rushed for 108 yards and 3 TD.
SE Louisiana's QB scares the hell out of me.

He's a former 4 star recruit who transferred from Oregon. Saw him play once when he was a freshman when the Ducks' starter got hurt and he looked crazy fast out there. I've seen our defense struggle against really athletic QBs before and I could see this guy giving us trouble.

Southeast
08-30-2013, 07:42 PM
Bison and K State are underway on Fox Sports One. Definitely an interesting game. I have no idea how this one will end up.

RabbitObsessed
08-30-2013, 07:51 PM
Bison and K State are underway on Fox Sports One. Definitely an interesting game. I have no idea how this one will end up.

I'm cheering for a natural disaster.

witness
08-30-2013, 08:01 PM
I'm cheering for the Bison.

Southeast
08-30-2013, 08:13 PM
Excellent first quarter by Bison. They can definitely win if the difference in depth does not catch up with them. Going to need to play a lot of guys in that heat.

Nidaros
08-30-2013, 09:49 PM
Marcus Williams gave up a big play pass, and then K State int Jensen and then they scored, now 21-7 KSU.

goon
08-30-2013, 10:08 PM
Ojuri tries his best zenner impersoniation but didn't do it. Only got about 60 yards when pinned on the 3.

yoteforever
08-30-2013, 10:31 PM
Bison look awesome

KUlawJack
08-30-2013, 10:44 PM
K State has no business winning this game. NDSU is the superior team. Hope the score reflects it.

Southeast
08-30-2013, 10:48 PM
What a finish.... 32 seconds to go and the Bison about to wrap up a win after a LONG drive. I am entertained.

KUlawJack
08-30-2013, 10:54 PM
And a pick to end it. Jesus

Nidaros
08-30-2013, 10:56 PM
Oh boy, I really dread Sept 28th now.

RowdyRabbit
08-30-2013, 10:56 PM
Not surprised the Bison won. They've shown time and time again that they bring it to games like this. They're just flat out good.

witness
08-30-2013, 11:00 PM
I halfway expected them to win. In the past 4 years they have beat UCF, Minnesota, Kansas and now Kansas State. No fear factor. To come back after being 21-7 in 3rd quarter shows great resolve. A 8 and a half minute game winning scoring drive. What a way to win the game on the road against defending Big 12 Champs

Bozemaniac
08-30-2013, 11:07 PM
That last bison drive was extremely impressive.

GoJacks
08-30-2013, 11:12 PM
I don't dread it, but expect another 10,000 fans (exaggeration I hope) to show up on game day. Many will probably be in town by Thursday. I should be a fun weekend.

SDSUAlum08
08-30-2013, 11:29 PM
That last bison drive was extremely impressive.

I think some have already forgot about that 3rd quarter drive. They methodically marched down the field to score a TD after giving up 14 quick points to begin the second half.

Both drives were identical and very impressive. That is one hell of a Bison football team. I'm looking forward to Sept 28th!

goon
08-31-2013, 12:10 AM

They are they same team we lost to by 3 points up there. We have the potential to be a better team then we were last year. Its should be a great game. Hopefully they can bring in some more bleachers and get a new record crowd.

Nidaros
08-31-2013, 05:17 AM
They are they same team we lost to by 3 points up there. We have the potential to be a better team then we were last year. Its should be a great game. Hopefully they can bring in some more bleachers and get a new record crowd. Thanks for reminding me, but last night the Bison seemed unstopable. Its unusual for Marcus Williams to give up a big play. We need to study the film on that one.

witness
08-31-2013, 07:27 AM
I'm surprised Kansas State went after Marcus Williams as much as they did. Williams had a pick and a pass breakup in the end zone but he got burned on a double move. Could have costed them the game. Also, what a terrible ending to first half for Bison. Dropped TD pass followed by a shanked fg

Also, did you see Brock Jensen in the postgame interview? I thought he was going to start balling his eyes out on National TV.

JimmyJack
08-31-2013, 07:29 AM
Living down here in K-State country: Wildcat fans are shocked that they lost to a D2 team. Unbelievably clueless about FCS and NDSU. One thing that was clear to me (other than the fact that NDSU is very good) is that K-State isn't really very good at all. They will struggle and finish in the lower middle of the Big XII. NDSU looked more physical and certainly better coached to me.

ringthebells
08-31-2013, 08:59 AM
That was a fun game to watch. I won $50 and didn't need the 16 points given to me! I did get a little tired of the camera following Jensen around after the game winning TD though. Great job Bison.

BigGoosie13
08-31-2013, 09:12 AM
What a fun game! It was pretty funny seeing the faces on the fans and players of K-State once they realized that they weren't going to stop NDSU. The Bison were the better team straight up, they dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. I just looked at KSU's schedule, and honestly I only see them beating ULL, UMASS, Kansas, and maybe Iowa State....the effect Colin Klein had on the program was under valued. The only real negatives for the Bison where them getting beat a couple of times(which can be expected when playing up a division), and Jenson's continuously high throws(he is going to get somebody hurt this year if he keeps making his receivers jump so much).

It's a great win for the Bison though.

TK22867
08-31-2013, 11:10 AM
Let's not forget, this is NOT the same Bison team from last year. They have 1 more year of experience and 1 more title under their belt since we last faced them. The question is, have we raised our game the same amount?

I think K State lost a ton of players, but still a great win. 4 years in a row. Unbelievable.

We only need to look to our rivals to the north to see the type of sustained, successful program we are trying to become.

rabidrabbit
08-31-2013, 11:11 AM
9/28 will be a great game. But so will be all of the Jacks games in between. SELA will be a dramatically better team than Jacks saw in Hammond last year. Get out and enjoy the Butler game tonight. It should be a UND/Valpo type game, but may be closer to the YSU/Dayton or Delaware/Jacksonville game.

Bison played a nearly perfect game, and K-State is in the first game transitioning to a new group after losing a bunch of great players. It was definitely the same scenario as App St./Michigan. And the same outcome.

The most impressive part of the NDSU/KSU game is that NDSU never changed their play, even when down 14. And in that last march down the field, the KState players, and FANS knew, that NDSU was probably going to win. NDSU, and hopefully SDSU, play a solid, midwest, smash mouth football. That's why it's always a great game and challenge when these two old rivals play.

Congrats to the Bison for continuing their FBS whopping ways. We'll see if FBS teams quit scheduling the Bison, especially for that first game of the season.

Southeast
08-31-2013, 11:43 AM
SIU leads Illinois 7-3 near the end of the first quarter. That game is on one of the Big Ten Network channels. Go Salukis!

RabbitObsessed
08-31-2013, 12:20 PM
What I saw from last night is that we will need to be able to move the ball through the air to beat the Bison.

slosho
08-31-2013, 01:01 PM
What I saw from last night is that we will need to be able to move the ball through the air to beat the Bison.
Agreed.

Nidaros
08-31-2013, 01:33 PM
What I saw from last night is that we will need to be able to move the ball through the air to beat the Bison. Agree, and with Sumner thumb being 100 per cent, it might be a different kind of game.

Jacked_Up
08-31-2013, 01:44 PM

Jeez, come on. Jacks fans should be looking forward to the opportunity to knock off the Bison. It's not like Kansas State is a powerhouse.

Prairiehaas
08-31-2013, 05:43 PM
USD 10 - UC Davis 7 - both teams had more yds rushing than passing
SIU 34 - IU 42 - neither team broke 70 yds rushing

Also noticed on ESPN.com Scoreboard they have listed "SDSU vs Butler" and "San Diego St vs E. Illinois".

Prairiehaas
08-31-2013, 09:03 PM
UNI 21-IaSt 14 at half.

Eastern WA just upset OR St 49-46

jackdaniel
08-31-2013, 09:41 PM
USD 10 - UC Davis 7 - both teams had more yds rushing than passing
SIU 34 - IU 42 - neither team broke 70 yds rushing

Also noticed on ESPN.com Scoreboard they have listed "SDSU vs Butler" and "San Diego St vs E. Illinois".

Victory!

SDSUAlum08
08-31-2013, 10:22 PM
UNI 21-IaSt 14 at half.

Eastern WA just upset OR St 49-46

McNeese St blew out University of Southern Florida. Aren't they FBS?

UNI just beat Iowa State & Eastern Illiois who State kicked the **** out of last year is going to beat San Diego St!

Nidaros
08-31-2013, 10:25 PM

UNI just beat Iowa State & Eastern Illiois who State kicked the **** out of last year is going to beat San Diego St!

McNeese is Southland so they are FCS. We played them twice not long ago. McNeese might be a very good team this year.

SDSUAlum08
08-31-2013, 10:33 PM
McNeese is Southland so they are FCS. We played them twice not long ago. McNeese might be a very good team this year.

Sorry I was referring to South Florida. I thought they were FBS but McNeese piss pounded them so bad I was unsure. Another great win for FCS.

Bozemaniac
08-31-2013, 10:55 PM
A good week for FCS teams.

Nidaros
08-31-2013, 11:00 PM
Sorry I was referring to South Florida. I thought they were FBS but McNeese piss pounded them so bad I was unsure. Another great win for FCS. My apologies too, I miss read your post, in fact you might have played against McNeese and yes South Florida is FBS. USD played them a few years back and got their arse handed to them by U of Southern Florida.

Nidaros
08-31-2013, 11:11 PM
My apologies too, I miss read your post, in fact you might have played against McNeese and yes South Florida is FBS. USD played them a few years back and got their arse handed to them by U of Southern Florida.

One other correction USD played Central Florida and not South Florida in 2010. Lost 38-7.

Prairiehaas
08-31-2013, 11:16 PM
Still hurts when I hear about McNeese St

Nidaros
08-31-2013, 11:21 PM

Here is the low down on U of South Florida, wike of course, but scrolling down to the athletics, it mentions USF is now a member of the American Athletic Conference,FBS. So its a big win for Mc Neese, and USF plays Michigan next week. They have some serious re-grouping to do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_South_Florida

Southeast
09-01-2013, 09:18 AM
Missouri Valley: 2
Big 12: 0

I'd say that is a good weekend for the MVC.

RabbitObsessed
09-01-2013, 09:33 AM
6 FCS teams beat FBS teams this weekend. Or as Deadspin put it this morning, The FCS Ruined College Football's **** This Week (http://deadspin.com/the-fcs-ruined-college-footballs-****-this-week-1234449421?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitte r&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow).

Language warnings and whatever with that link.

SDSUAlum08
09-01-2013, 09:40 AM
6 FCS teams beat FBS teams this weekend. Or as Deadspin put it this morning, The FCS Ruined College Football's **** This Week (http://deadspin.com/the-fcs-ruined-college-footballs-****-this-week-1234449421?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitte r&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow).

Language warnings and whatever with that link.

They forgot one. Southern Utah beat South Alabama on Thursday.

BigGoosie13
09-01-2013, 12:30 PM
I'm just putting this here because it's not worth starting a thread about but remember our big time DB recruit Avery Boykin from a few years ago, you know the guy that signed with army but enrolled here. If I remember right he was dismissed after one season here, but anyways I had the Mississippi Valley St - Florida A&M game on and I heard his name and it sprung my memory, he has a pass break up and an INT so far in the first half...his team his getting handled though.

The Sports Block
09-02-2013, 04:21 PM
Think the FCS is closing the gap on the FBS? Think again. A history of FCS vs. FBS matchups.

Have you heard the news? The FCS is closing the gap on the FBS. Everybody is saying it so it has to be true, right?

http://sportsloungeblog.tumblr.com/post/60112179750/think-the-fcs-is-closing-the-gap-on-the-fbs-think

Southeast
09-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Some games to keep an eye on this weekend:

SE LA @ #24 TCU
Ind St @ Purdue on Big Ten Network
EIU @ SIU
USD @ Kansas ESPN3
S Miss @ Nebraska Big Ten Network

bubbajack
09-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Some games to keep an eye on this weekend:

SE LA @ #24 TCU

Only down by 3 at half. Woah

Hammersmith
09-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Bison playing name your score. 21-0 after a quarter.

Southeast
09-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Ind ST hung with Purdue, in spite of missing their star RB. Lost just 20-14. Out gained Purdue offensively too. Very impressive.

SE LA got handled by TCU but their QB rushed for 132 yards. He will be a handful next week.

Nebraska appears to have righted the ship after the WY embarrassment. They held. S Miss to 160 yards in the first half and have a huge lead.

KUlawJack
09-08-2013, 12:24 AM
USD puts up a decent fight against KU. Jayhawks are in for another long year, unfortunately.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/gamecast?gameId=332502305&version=mobile&date=20130907&groupId=21

also, note USD has a FIFTEEN, repeat, FIFTEEN game road losing streak. That has to be maddening.

ringthebells
09-08-2013, 09:24 AM
Ind ST hung with Purdue, in spite of missing their star RB. Lost just 20-14. Out gained Purdue offensively too. Very impressive.

SE LA got handled by TCU but their QB rushed for 132 yards. He will be a handful next week.

Nebraska appears to have righted the ship after the WY embarrassment. They held. S Miss to 160 yards in the first half and have a huge lead.

Southern Miss. is TERRIBLE! I think they've won 1 game in the last two years. We'll see how Nebraska fares in their next game against UCLA.

jackdaniel
09-08-2013, 09:54 AM

Purdue might not be too great either, got beat by Cincinnati 42-7,although i don't know how good Cincinnati is.Cincinnati lost to ILL in their second game of the season 45-17

jackmd
09-10-2013, 06:29 PM

So Miss is horrible, means very little. Did I read it right? NU paid 2.1 million for that game?

jack power
09-11-2013, 01:52 PM
So Miss is horrible, means very little. Did I read it right? NU paid 2.1 million for that game?
From what i understand this game was supposed to be a home game for Southern Miss. but they opted for the cash instead. 2.1 mill. is a hell of a payday. Also, So. Miss was 0-12 last year and 12-2 the year before. ouch

Southeast
09-12-2013, 09:09 AM
This will be a little slower week here in the Valley. I count five games that are worth keeping an eye on (plus the Nebraska game).

- Of course, there is our game. We are officially 13 point favorites, but I'm not sure I'd wager much on that point spread. I'm kind of surprised SE LA did not show higher in the most recent FCS poll. This would be their chance to climb high.
- YSU goes to Michigan State. Both teams are 2-0.
- WIU goes to Minnesota. The Gophers have averaged 47 points in their first two games (not against the best competition) and WIU has only given up 15 points (definitely NOT against the best competition).
- Illinois St. goes Eastern Illinois. Should be a good one - both are ranked.
- Missouri State goes to Murray State. Maybe this game does not belong on the "worth keeping an eye on" list...
- Nebraska has their biggest non-conference game against #16 UCLA. I'm not sure if I would rather see them win or lose, as far as our game with them next week goes.

SDSUAlum08
09-12-2013, 12:56 PM
This will be a little slower week here in the Valley. I count five games that are worth keeping an eye on (plus the Nebraska game).

- Of course, there is our game. We are officially 13 point favorites, but I'm not sure I'd wager much on that point spread. I'm kind of surprised SE LA did not show higher in the most recent FCS poll. This would be their chance to climb high.
- WIU goes to Minnesota. The Gophers have averaged 47 points in their first two games (not against the best competition) and WIU has only given up 15 points (definitely NOT against the best competition).
- Missouri State goes to Murray State. Maybe this game does not belong on the "worth keeping an eye on" list...
- Nebraska has their biggest non-conference game against #16 UCLA. I'm not sure if I would rather see them win or lose, as far as our game with them next week goes.

I hope Nebraska wins and gets over confident.

jackdaniel
09-12-2013, 01:03 PM
I hope Nebraska wins and gets over confident.

At first,I thought this too,but then i realized that if they beat UCLA,they've figured out issues they had with the team,and are playing,really good.They will play with more confidence .If they lose,it shows they're still stuggling and they may be vulnerable.They might be unsure and tentative .But,who knows ?

SiouxFallsJack
09-13-2013, 03:56 PM
I'm hoping for a Nebraska loss. It's always a good day when Nebraska gets beat.

yoteforever
09-14-2013, 12:55 PM

Western Illinois leads 12-7 in the 3rd quarter

propar80
09-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Not surprising...well a little...Western goes up on the Gophers 12-7 late in the 3rd. The Gophers do not look like an FBS program much less a Big10/BCS program. Yikes.

Go Jacks!!

Southeast
09-14-2013, 01:00 PM

Go 'Necks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

RowdyRabbit
09-14-2013, 01:07 PM

I'm torn, the self-less part of me wants WIU to win (represent, yo), but the selfish part of me would be pissed that "another" fcs team beat them (or any other fcs/fbs upset), yet we find ways to piss our pants when we have the opportunity (save for the job last time in Neb).

SanDakotaState
09-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Minnesota leads 15-12 start of the 4th

Coach Kill was carted off the field because he had another seizure late in the 2nd i think. I wonder if that has anything to do with the score and Minnesota players not being 100% focused

SanDakotaState
09-14-2013, 01:31 PM
#16 UCLA scores 21 unanswered against #23 Nebraska and takes a 24-21 lead midway through the 3rd

Southeast
09-14-2013, 01:35 PM
#16 UCLA scores 21 unanswered against #23 Nebraska and takes a 24-21 lead midway through the 3rd

UCLA is just gashing the UN defense in this second half.

Minnesota is now up 10 on WIU with 10:00 to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

SiouxFallsJack
09-14-2013, 01:49 PM
UCLA now leading 38-21 end of 3rd quarter.

Southeast
09-14-2013, 01:51 PM
UCLA is just gashing the UN defense in this second half.

Minnesota is now up 10 on WIU with 10:00 to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

I should have used all CAPS in my post above .... UCLA is absolutely GASHING the Nebraska D. Scoring at will.

SanDakotaState
09-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Akron leads #11 Michigan 24-21 with 4 minutes left in the game

SanDakotaState
09-14-2013, 02:02 PM
I should have used all CAPS in my post above .... UCLA is absolutely GASHING the Nebraska D. Scoring at will.

Nathan Gerry is having a decent game.

SanDakotaState
09-14-2013, 02:05 PM
Final: 12-29 Minnesota wins

jackdaniel
09-14-2013, 02:39 PM
Nebraskas offense goes dormant on them

Evolution Prime
09-14-2013, 09:05 PM
The last couple minutes of the first half and the second half were god awful to watch if you were a Huskers fan. I quit watching after it was 31-21. I knew the Huskers weren't stopping nobody after that.