UND Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UND Game

Just wondering who's all headed up to Grand Forks next month to see us play the nameless Sioux. I am planning on going, but am unfamiliar with the area. Would also like to know where the visitor (Jacks) section is, too, so I don't end up buying a ticket next to a bunch of green clad fans. Should be a good time! Even if it is another one of those wussy Dakota schools that plays their pigskin in a dome
    "Cheer the team from South Dakota with loyal hearts so true!"

Re: UND Game

Originally posted by wr54 View Post
    Just wondering who's all headed up to Grand Forks next month to see us play the nameless Sioux. I am planning on going, but am unfamiliar with the area. Would also like to know where the visitor (Jacks) section is, too, so I don't end up buying a ticket next to a bunch of green clad fans. Should be a good time! Even if it is another one of those wussy Dakota schools that plays their pigskin in a dome

Haven't got my tickets yet, but am seriously considering making the trip to GF and tailgating with other Jacks

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/inde...=13&calcid=685

Comment

Hey, thanks for the heads up, LakeJack! I will definitely consider hanging out with the Alumni group, especially if I can't find anyone else that wants to go...

Comment

When you order your tickets from UND, ask to sit in the SDSU section. There was an article in the Brookings Register a week or two ago, about the availability of tickets and they gave the information for getting tickets for the UND game, and I am trying to recall the section number, seems like it was 217, but not sure. Don't bring your cowbell. They are not allowed. They threaten to take mine away and that was when Josh Ranek was playing. A long time ago, but I don't they have change their policy on that.

Comment

From gojacks.com
          • Sept. 7 at North Dakota – tickets on sale Aug. 1 through Ticketmaster.com. Designated SDSU seating is in Section 217 with tickets starting at $20; tickets starting at $17 available for groups of 10 or more.

Comment

It gets better. I just talked to a girl at the Alumni Association and the price includes food and beer she said something about other drinks but I quit listening after beer.

Comment

Great info, guys. It does sound like a really good deal/time to get together with the alumni group. And, nobody can stop us from ringing the s*** out of our cowbells in the tailgating area, can they?!

Comment

Great info, guys. It does sound like a really good deal/time to get together with the alumni group. And, nobody can stop us from ringing the s*** out of our cowbells in the tailgating area, can they?!
                No they cant, but inside its another story, artificial noise makers are prohibited. An NCAA rule and each school can choose to enforce this rule. UND is or was one who did but may not now. The AD was Roger Thomas at the time who kind of had it in for SDSU..

Comment

this is imo UND's toughest game in a while. We're like a worse EIU.

Comment

So they ban cowbells but hold onto an offensive nickname? Is that the story?

Comment

They (UND) no longer carry the "fighting Sioux" nickname, as I understand. They are simply known as The University of North Dakota. A few more years, and the state will grant them permission to unveil a new nickname/mascot.

Comment

I think the Big Sky will be pretty deep this year. UND plays both Montana and Montana State after SDSU, and Eastern Washington, along with Northern Arizona, are all contenders for the conference championship in that part of the world.

Comment

Have tickets and will be attending! I'm not what sure to expect from the UND crowd. I was on hand to see UND beat USD for the final Great West title in 2011 (as part of a recruiting visit) and the UND students were quiet and not well represented. USD's crowd was pretty small as well. The CanAM Center (which the Alerus Center is part of) should be a fun place to tailgate!

Comment

You can barrow mine Wyatt.

Comment

Originally posted by csgame View Post
                              Have tickets and will be attending! I'm not what sure to expect from the UND crowd. I was on hand to see UND beat USD for the final Great West title in 2011 (as part of a recruiting visit) and the UND students were quiet and not well represented. USD's crowd was pretty small as well. The CanAM Center (which the Alerus Center is part of) should be a fun place to tailgate!
                              UND did a good job of getting students out to the first few games last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X