Fall Camp...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Camp...

It looks like they are going to put out camp highlights.....http://vimeo.com/71821494

Re: Fall Camp...

Here are pictures from the SDSU Football team facebook page.....https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3416220&type=3

I love, love, love the thought of Cam Jones playing some slot.....he is going to line up everywhere on the field, and he is going to be a matchup nightmare.

Comment

Does anyone know if we will still be utilizing the brilliant pre-snap motion where the TE and FB shift to the other side of the formation and then back again as the defense does nothing?
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        Does anyone know if we will still be utilizing the brilliant pre-snap motion where the TE and FB shift to the other side of the formation and then back again as the defense does nothing?
        Oh, for sure.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Seems like the pre-snap motion could help the qb get a read on the defensive coverage even if it doesn't change the formation.

Comment

Originally posted by pepbandalum View Post
            Seems like the pre-snap motion could help the qb get a read on the defensive coverage even if it doesn't change the formation.
            Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              The defense of the opposition figures they have the play covered regardless of whether or not the shifting players are positioned at point A or point B ? To me,it looks like they know pretty much what we are doing, and are confident enough to stand their ground as they are positioned to make the play.I'd like to know for example wether or not we make good yardage when we utilize this scheme.If we don't, then it just adds to the chances for something to go wrong,without providing a benefit,OR,I'm completely off base and overlooking something.Probably the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                I'd like to know for example whether or not we make good yardage when we utilize this scheme.
                I'd like to know if we ever get first downs when we throw a 5 yard pass on a 3rd and 15? and if so what is the success ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                  I'd like to know if we ever get first downs when we throw a 5 yard pass on a 3rd and 15? and if so what is the success ratio.
                  I think I know this......No and 0%

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    I think I know this......No and 0%
                    1 more jackdaniel.
                    How often do the jacks attempt such a play? my seat of the pants guess has us at; at least 50%.
                    Last edited by slosho; 08-08-2013, 07:09 AM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      1 more jackdaniel.
                      How often do the jacks attempt such a play? my seat of the pants guess has us at; at least 50%.
                      I would bet that, plus we seem to run it enough out of that yardage to make it tough to pick up the first down too.

I think the problem with the motion shifting the FB and TE across is for the RB to be able to see if and how the D is set. the problem with doing that pretty much tells the D that we are going to run it almost every time. I cant really recall us ever passing after a motion set like that. espiecially if they drop a TE back to a FB blocking position. pretty much shows we are running to that side with a lead blocker.

Im gonna go on my soap box and talk about how I felt the running game at SDSU was at a point it was not so predictible. Was I think Minnetts freshman year with Koenig. We actually saw different running formations. the power I, the split back or Y formation the flash/wildcat etc. Which was effective because either could have gotten the hand off, could have had a lead blocker and was able to go either direction with the hand off. But honestly the big thing was we would pass out of those running sets. Kept Ds honest that we could actually throw the ball when it looked like we were going to run. With Zenner and Gandy I think they could litterally destroy teams with how good they are with a talented and experienced O-line.

But what do I know, I didnt even stay at a holiday in express........Just some guys opinion here.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Opinions are like noses, everyone has one. I agree, what is being said here, I do feel our offense has been very predictable.

I ran into a Bison fan who frequents this board and he was telling me how upset some of the fans were last fall after the playoff game with NDSU, and the Ryan Smith trick play. Where are our trick plays? They are probably written in German and well hidden.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Opinions are like noses, everyone has one. I agree, what is being said here, I do feel our offense has been very predictable.

I ran into a Bison fan who frequents this board and he was telling me how upset some of the fans were last fall after the playoff game with NDSU, and the Ryan Smith trick play. Where are our trick plays? They are probably written in German and well hidden.
                          It seems most teams have some plays they keep for later in the year, dont show all your plays the first couple games just so they have something new to bring that a team cant scout for. New formations, or trick plays, not sure if its the coaching philosophy not to do that, but you could tell NDSU had a much better game plan, we didnt adjust to them very well yet they were sure ready for what we were doing. Then again, some teams have to use trick plays when their regular plays arent good or they just dont execute well. Ndsu knows you cant just show the same plays every game to expect to win, which sadly its not like they run a complicated offense, they execute well and show a few new things later in the year. our execution is getting better, but having a few new options might not hurt either.

Its not like we have much to complain able since last year so us fans can get a little nit picky even when things are going very well.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            Its not like we have much to complain able since last year so us fans can get a little nit picky even when things are going very well.
                            What do I know about special teams and KO returns? Nothing so I found out yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              What do I know about special teams and KO returns? Nothing so I found out yesterday.
                              It was Punt Returns, not Kick-Off returns (just pulling your chain).

Comment

Working...
                              X