Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husker preview

http://hailvarsity.com/2013/07/500-words-on-sdsu/

Reads as though we've garnered some respect compared to the last meeting.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Re: Husker preview

Agreed. A honest and relatively respectful assessment of the matchup. The x factor that wasn't mentioned is the SDSU passing game with a healthy Sumner That aspect could surprise and gave the Jacks the possibility of scoring the more than 17 points the writer states will be necessary to beat the Huskers.
    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

A NE writer ranks the Huskers opposing quarterbacks: http://www.omaha.com/article/2013071...s-opponent-qbs

Comment

Thanks for posting that link, Jack Power. I think the writer did his homework. He finishes with the following comment, one that I think is accurate: Sumner has the capability to go off, though.

As one would expect, the Jackrabbits are continually referred to as a "cupcake" (or similar description) by Husker fans. And, you know, all things considered, I can see why many Husker fans would consider SDSU as an opponent not worthy of much respect. But, the Jackrabbit team coming in to Lincoln this season should be a much better team than the 0-3 team that scared the Huskers in 2010. But, fans don't send in the plays. Will the Nebraska coaches and players look past the Jacks? My guess: Highly unlikely. Nebraska's coaches are going to harp all week long prior to the game about what nearly happened last time. We'll see the best Nebraska has to offer and that's what we want to see. We should be prepared to give our best too and I think we're in for another exciting game.

Comment

Jacks were invited back because of the 2010 game. The tapes shown that week before Jacks head to Lincoln will include the game highlights, and especially the lowlights (to the Huskers). Do NOT underestimate these Rabbits.

Hope for another exciting game! Last time that my two alma maters will play and I'll miss it again!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            Thanks for posting that link, Jack Power. I think the writer did his homework. He finishes with the following comment, one that I think is accurate: Sumner has the capability to go off, though.
            Disagree. Any simple search beyond a box score would show that he was hurt for the Kansas game and didn't even start (hell even a box score would show that he didn't play the entire game). He spent most of the year trying to get healthy. I wonder why he "took a step back" as the author said?
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

RO: I agree with you on the details about Sumner's season. Overall, for a column with quick hits on Nebraska's opponents, I thought the column was informative. And, the author recognized that Sumner has the capability of "going off"...most of the Nebraska writers and fans will either ignore the SDSU game or will fail to recognize this team could go off on the Huskers.

Comment

Working...
              X