Ferris Bueler's Day off---Opps! A Bison Day off costing $180,000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferris Bueler's Day off---Opps! A Bison Day off costing $180,000

News out of Fargo is that NDSU found a game for Sept 7th. D2 Ferris State is coming to Fargo. Good luck Bulldogs. We handled them in Brookings just before going D1, but Ferris has a new coach and new attitude.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article.../group/Sports/

Re: Ferris Bueler's Day off---Opps! A Bison Day off costing $180,000

It's a D-2 school. I doubt they'll give the Bison much of a game. And I doubt the Bison will help their own cause much by trouncing them.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      It's a D-2 school. I doubt they'll give the Bison much of a game. And I doubt the Bison will help their own cause much by trouncing them.
      Kind of day off, the way I see it, but it costs $180,000 in a pay out and they take in $360,000 in ticket revenue assuming a D-2 school will bring 18,000 fans out.

Comment

There's a chance this D-2 game could be a counter towards playoffs. The FCS Championship Committee has approved a new ratings system to determine a teams SOS.

Comment

this could be a bad thing, think about this. The top 5 teams in the country could all reside in the Mo Valley. So what then?

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
            There's a chance this D-2 game could be a counter towards playoffs. The FCS Championship Committee has approved a new ratings system to determine a teams SOS.

Correct. Its not a coincidence that this game got scheduled about 30 seconds after that decision was announced.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              Correct. Its not a coincidence that this game got scheduled about 30 seconds after that decision was announced.
              Wrong...it was a coincidence. Our AD did everything he could to get a FCS home game, but he couldn't get one. He said he had one team that seemed willing but backed out at the end. Our AD said there just weren't any more options left...so it was not strategic. Georgia Southern was willing to play, but the date offered would have been the weekend of the first round of the playoffs. I'm not sure where the proposed game would have been played. Our AD claims he had no knowledge of this new rule prior to getting the game scheduled.

On a related note, since DII games count do USD games count as well?

Comment

Only if played in Vermillion!

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                  Wrong...it was a coincidence. Our AD did everything he could to get a FCS home game, but he couldn't get one. He said he had one team that seemed willing but backed out at the end. Our AD said there just weren't any more options left...so it was not strategic. Georgia Southern was willing to play, but the date offered would have been the weekend of the first round of the playoffs. I'm not sure where the proposed game would have been played. Our AD claims he had no knowledge of this new rule prior to getting the game scheduled.

On a related note, since DII games count do USD games count as well?
                  Hernandez was planning to break his cell phone into pieces and get a new security system too. Just so happens a guy he was hanging out with got murdered at about the same time.

A DII game at home should not count toward playoff eligibility at the DI level, especially not in a season with 12 games. A DII loss at home should reflect very negatively on a teams playoff aspirations. These are things I choose to believe.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Good for you.

Comment

Good for you.
                      Thank you for your support.

Comment

Thank you for your support.
                        No problem. Where else am I going to hear hare-brained ideas about Bison conspiracy theories?

Comment

No problem. Where else am I going to hear hare-brained ideas about Bison conspiracy theories?
                          Not a conspiracy as you clarified. Just a "big coincidence".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d4wPaBNryA

Comment

Hernandez was planning to break his cell phone into pieces and get a new security system too. Just so happens a guy he was hanging out with got murdered at about the same time. A DII game at home should not count toward playoff eligibility at the DI level, especially not in a season with 12 games. A DII loss at home should reflect very negatively on a teams playoff aspirations. These are things I choose to believe.
                            So you don't think FCS games should count towards bowls for FBS then either right?
                            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                              So you don't think FCS games should count towards bowls for FBS then either right?
                              Not really apples to apples since FCS and FBS are both D-I.

Comment

Working...
                              X