More trouble in BisonLand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More trouble in BisonLand

This sounds serious if it brought a felony assault charge.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/402643/

Re: More trouble in BisonLand

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    This sounds serious if it brought a felony assault charge. http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/402643/
    These guys have been through enough.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      This sounds serious if it brought a felony assault charge.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/402643/
      If convicted he should be thrown off the team if the bison do indeed have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to violence. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        You forgot the smiley. For guys like me, we take it all as gospel.

Comment

The article is limited on details, so tough to pass judgment. The legal descicions on this may drag out into football season. I can't think Beck will be allowed to play until this is settled, although the Bison have different rules.

Beck had a previous minor consumption, and seems to have learned little from that episode.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Another opportunity for the NDSU administration to get something right. Maybe.
            This space for lease.

Comment

What I find interesting, and maybe I am reading too much into the story, but the alledged assult victim is not a patient at Sanford as of Monday afternoon. Could his injuries be more severe than what could be handled by Sanford? Or was he released and sent home?

Quote from Kolpack:

"Fargo police Deputy Chief Pat Claus said Aanenson was taken by ambulance to Sanford Medical Center with unknown injuries to his head. A Sanford spokesperson said Aanenson was not a patient there as of Monday afternoon."

Stay tuned.
              Why would someone start an argument with a football player? Its a good way to get killed. It does not excuse Beck's actions, but it does not show good judgement on Aanenson part either. Do you suppose alcohol was involved? Both of them should have walked away. Agree to disagree so it is said. Twenty nine pages of comment on Bisonville.
              Last edited by Nidaros; 06-11-2013, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Not a smack thread.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  Not a smack thread.
                  Hopefully this isn't construed as smack.

SDSU isn't immune to problems with athletes, but I wonder if the coaching staff has used NDSU incidents to educate SDSU players about decision making. Seems like it would be a great teaching tool/moment for a program wanting to keep kids on the straight and narrow.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros
                    I would hope so. Something tells me that Mr. Beck has a very short fuse and this might not be the first incident where some one has been injured outside the bar room and not on the football field.
                    I don't know if he has a short fuse or not. But I can almost guarantee that a series of poor choices led him to the point where he was faced with the option of throwing a punch or not. If he is home sleeping or watching sports center at 3 AM, none of this happens. That's the message for players (which seems like what coach Stig preaches, make good decisions). Like I said though, SDSU isn't immune.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      What I find interesting, and maybe I am reading too much into the story, but the alledged assult victim is not a patient at Sanford as of Monday afternoon. Could his injuries be more severe than what could be handled by Sanford? Or was he released and sent home?Quote from Kolpack:"Fargo police Deputy Chief Pat Claus said Aanenson was taken by ambulance to Sanford Medical Center with unknown injuries to his head. A Sanford spokesperson said Aanenson was not a patient there as of Monday afternoon."Stay tuned.Why would someone start an argument with a football player? Its a good way to get killed. It does not excuse Beck's actions, but it does not show good judgement on Aanenson part either. Do you suppose alcohol was involved? Both of them should have walked away. Agree to disagree so it is said. Twenty nine pages of comment on Bisonville.
                      The kid could have been really drunk and the EMTs basically had to take him to the hospital. It happens quite a bit.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

The kid could have been really drunk and the EMTs basically had to take him to the hospital. It happens quite a bit.
                        I am wondering too if Sanford held him all day Sunday for observation and released him early on Monday. With hospital and all the privacy regulations that they have to follow, it kind leaves us speculatimg. Apparently, though knocked unconscious, Aanenson injuries are not that severe to require additional hospitalization. Seems the nature of the injuries would weigh into the jury's decision.

I found out years ago never to argue with the bouncers at Horts, most were football players and they could be mean if they had to be.
                        Too mess with a guy like Beck when he no doubt had been drinking was not the smart thing to do, but I also recognize being a star bison player does not give you the right to beat someone's brains out because they look cross eyed at you.

Comment

Here is an update in the Travis Beck incident. He has an attorney, Bruce Quick, the same one who helped out with the petition fraud cases..

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/402754/

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            Here is an update in the Travis Beck incident. He has an attorney, Bruce Quick, the same one who helped out with the petition fraud cases..http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/402754/
                            I don't get how the resisting arrest part of the charges is "entirely defensible".
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                              I don't get how the resisting arrest part of the charges is "entirely defensible".
                              Well, wouldn't YOU want to avoid arrest as well?
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                              X