Eric Kline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Kline

Just heard on 1230AM that backup QB Eric Kline will not be returning.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Re: Eric Kline

He was quite an athlete in high school and likely wants playing time. All programs are going to lose people like that from time to time. If it's playing time, I hope he lands with a program that can find a place for him.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      Just heard on 1230AM that backup QB Eric Kline will not be returning.
      Can't say I'm surprised. Most likely didn't want to sit on bench behind Sumner for next two years.
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I heard he will be going to Minnesota-Duluth

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
          I heard about this last weekend. He would have been a back up this year as a RS freshman and is a huge loss for SDSU.

The sad part, for SDSU fans, is that he probably won't see much of the field, if any.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Terry announced Rath was leaving in his 4/22 blog. He also stated Rob Diane was leaving the team.

"Defensive end Rob Diane has left the team, Stiegelmeier said. The 6-foot-2, 230-pounder from Plymouth, Minn., came to SDSU as a junior college transfer. He was a redshirt during the 2012 season.
            Diane is the second defensive lineman loss this spring, following freshman tackle Logan Rath."

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              Terry announced Rath was leaving in his 4/22 blog. He also stated Rob Diane was leaving the team."Defensive end Rob Diane has left the team, Stiegelmeier said. The 6-foot-2, 230-pounder from Plymouth, Minn., came to SDSU as a junior college transfer. He was a redshirt during the 2012 season.Diane is the second defensive lineman loss this spring, following freshman tackle Logan Rath."
              I obviously missed it then. Sorry. Either way, he's a big loss in my opinion.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

sorry to hear that about Kline. It was nice to have there, in case something bad should happen to Austin.

However, last year something did happen to Austin and Kline only played a half.

Agreed...it's going to be tough for someone as supposedly as talented as him to sit for another two years, and only get one year of PT.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                  sorry to hear that about Kline. It was nice to have there, in case something bad should happen to Austin.

However, last year something did happen to Austin and Kline only played a half.

Agreed...it's going to be tough for someone as supposedly as talented as him to sit for another two years, and only get one year of PT.
                  Work harder and beat him out and become the starter then. thats one way around getting more playing time. but that isnt for everyone and some programs have a hard time going to a better player if they are younger even if they are more deserving. as SDSU had TOB but would not let Sumner get a crack at it till it was way paste the time to make a change. My big concern is Defense, we dont have a lot of depth there imo and loosing talent on D is never a good thing. espicially if they were expected to contribute.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Work harder and beat him out and become the starter then. thats one way around getting more playing time. but that isnt for everyone and some programs have a hard time going to a better player if they are younger even if they are more deserving. as SDSU had TOB but would not let Sumner get a crack at it till it was way paste the time to make a change. My big concern is Defense, we dont have a lot of depth there imo and loosing talent on D is never a good thing. espicially if they were expected to contribute.
                    When you are a good player, you don't come to a program to sit for four years and get the possibility of 1year of significant playing time. Not worth it at a FCS school
                    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                      When you are a good player, you don't come to a program to sit for four years and get the possibility of 1year of significant playing time. Not worth it at a FCS school
                      If he really is that goos the coaches would find away to use him and not leave talent on the bench but maybe he realized he wasn't good enough to earn playing time so going to a worse program by default makes him better. Most coaches and programs are going to leave top recruits and players on the bench for 4 years before they play. If they are good enough they will find away to get in more games.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

All college players consider themselves great players.

Comment

I respectfully disagree. A FCS still gives you a full ride - plus SDSU wisely uses the Jackrabbit guarantee - for the most part and I'd guess Kline had one. Duluth is DII and he will get peanuts. But if you go to school to play football, vs playing football in order to go to school - Kline's move makes sense. I don't blame him in the least. I'd like to see SDSU get more disgruntled U of MN transfers aka Illinois State and Illinois. It would have to burn a competitor like Kline being buried behind Sumner. Austin is a proven winner, home state product and nationally recognized. Kline was behind the 8 ball - out of state on the bench behind him. I just wonder if they could have moved him to a different position so he could have played?

Comment

I'm guessing he is getting good money at Duluth.

Second, I agree they should have considered moving him to another position.

I've talked to a few people and they said he wasn't happy about how he was handled at Kansas, and I can't say I blamed him. Being told he has the job and Sumner is out and then Sumner suits up and is warming up the entire game until they made the switch. Was also told that Meyer was looking good and since Meyer's system is similar to Sumner he was wondering if he would even get to start that one year. He will do good at Minnesota-Duluth.

Money is one argument, but assuming its not much different and I don't think it is, because I doubt he was getting a full-ride from SDSU, and is probably getting the max at Duluth. But its South Dakota vs. Minnesota. Its not a big difference, its not like being a backup at Florida vs. playing for Youngstown St. College athletes for the most part want to play, especially those in a position like QB where only 1 plays at a time.

I agree that SDSU should be targeting more of those that aren't starting at Nebraska and Minnesota. Its something that SDSU has had very few of, since going D-I.

Comment

Working...
                            X