Any word on new coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word on new coach

I have not heard anything new about the Bubak situation. Does anyone know what the scoop is on what Stig is going to do with Bubaks position? Will Clint Brown become the DC? and who are the LB canidates? I had some ideas who some potential candidates would be with such a late hire. Whoever it is better get those LBs ready to play this season.

Re: Any word on new coach

From what I heard you are correct that Brown will become the DC and they are currently in the process of hiring a LB coach.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
      From what I heard you are correct that Brown will become the DC and they are currently in the process of hiring a LB coach.
      This is more than likely what is going on. Clint has worked closely with Jay and is very capable, and this keeps the program from making costly departures from what has worked well in the past.

Comment

Per TV's blog,former Jack Jimmy Rogers will be hired as the LB coach pending school approval and Clint Brown will be the sole defensive coordinator.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          Per TV's blog,former Jack Jimmy Rogers will be hired as the LB coach pending school approval and Clint Brown will be the sole defensive coordinator.
          This is good news and no reason to believe its not a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            This is good news and no reason to believe its not a fact.
            Besides, if Jimmy Rogers wants the job, Jimmy Rogers WILL get the job.

jimmyrogers.JPG
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Like!
              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                Besides, if Jimmy Rogers wants the job, Jimmy Rogers WILL get the job.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]451[/ATTACH]
                Have you ever met Jimmy? He is not the brash ah that you make him out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  Have you ever met Jimmy? He is not the brash ah that you make him out to be.

My sister in law worked with him quite a bit a few years back and said he was about the nicest guy she'd met, that being said.......

Don't you remember (start at post #30, continue through #59) http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...t=Jimmy+Rogers
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                    My sister in law worked with him quite a bit a few years back and said he was about the nicest guy she'd met, that being said.......

Don't you remember (start at post #30, continue through #59) http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...t=Jimmy+Rogers
                    Yes I know you are just kidding. He is a great guy. Glad we can be part of our coaching staff.

Comment

Jimmy Rogers is my all-time favorite Jackrabbit player. Great news that he'll join the coaching staff full-time.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I'm curious if Clint Brown will taking over the recruiting area of Nebraska. I know Clint has been the recruiting coordinator, but Stieg always directed Nebraska recruits to Jay in recent years. Jay had very good relationships with the potential recruits that I sent his way. Nebraska has always been a strong recruiting base for the Jacks dating back to the DII days. When UNO shut down its football program, we had a big advantage over other non-Husker programs based on our location and connections in the state. Since USD moved to DI, they started making waves in the Cornhusker state. Now the Bison have made serious in-roads. (Read article in Lincoln Journal Star.)

I'm hoping that with the coaching changes, that we can step up our commitment to this recruiting base.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                          Jimmy Rogers is my all-time favorite Jackrabbit player. Great news that he'll join the coaching staff full-time.
                          All kidding aside, I'll echo this sentiment.

Comment

One of the FB team's former trainers told me once, downtown at Cubbys over a nice cold tap...that Jimmy Rogers got more out of his body than any other athlete he had ever seen.

So yeah, he's a hard worker. He'll do just fine.

Comment

Working...
                            X