Dogpile Tim Tebow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogpile Tim Tebow

Nothing like dumping on a guy when he's down: The Iowa Beef indoor-football team has offered Tim Tebow the standard contract: $75/day etc. The current quarterback says he'd make Tebow feel welcome "I think Tim can learn a lot from me."

No response yet from the Tebow camp.

Here's the story: http://www.dailytribune.com/article/...m-tebow-a-deal

Re: Dogpile Tim Tebow

The Sioux Falls Storm should get in on that action.

Hate to see a guy like Tebow with his athletic talent get ran out of the NFL while other knuckleheads with criminal records or positive drug tests get more than their fair share chances with teams. Hopefully Tebow will wise up and drop the stubborness to play QB. He has the talent and work ethic to play another position. Like Eric Crouch, I would hate to see that go to waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post

Hate to see a guy like Tebow with his athletic talent get ran out of the NFL while other knuckleheads with criminal records or positive drug tests get more than their fair share chances with teams. Hopefully Tebow will wise up and drop the stubborness to play QB. He has the talent and work ethic to play another position. Like Eric Crouch, I would hate to see that go to waste.
      Yep. He needs to switch positions. He would be a hell of weapon at TE......Dallas Clark comes to mind.

Comment

Not trying to start an argument, but Eric Crouch has done quite well as a business owner in Omaha. I do not think his leadership or talent went to waste. He just chose another route. The correct route for him.
        We...ARE...STATE!
        SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
          Not trying to start an argument, but Eric Crouch has done quite well as a business owner in Omaha. I do not think his leadership or talent went to waste. He just chose another route. The correct route for him.
          I have heard that and good for him. I was just using him as an example as a guy with huge athletic talents that refused to switch positions. I think he would have done will as a reciever or going the Scott Frost route and being a safety. He chose to play in the NFL under his own terms and I admire that. Maybe the NFL wasn't his calling. Same way with Tebow. I'm sure he will do just fine out of football if that is what ends up happening.

Comment

I have heard that and good for him. I was just using him as an example as a guy with huge athletic talents that refused to switch positions. I think he would have done will as a reciever or going the Scott Frost route and being a safety. He chose to play in the NFL under his own terms and I admire that. Maybe the NFL wasn't his calling. Same way with Tebow. I'm sure he will do just fine out of football if that is what ends up happening.
            I would think he would be a great spiritual example for young and old can follow. His beliefs seem to be very direct and not denominational dogma. There are hundreds of PR jobs waiting for him in the private sector. He might even be able to sell me on a reverse mortgage .

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              I would think he would be a great spiritual example for young and old can follow. His beliefs seem to be very direct and not denominational dogma. There are hundreds of PR jobs waiting for him in the private sector. He might even be able to sell me on a reverse mortgage .
              I suspect Tim Tebow could do extremely well in the private sector by general standards. Of course his standard of doing well would probably be to work in helping people who live in 3rd world countries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Tebow is an interesting read.

A guy just came out as gay in the NBA, and everybody is stumbling over each other to show their acceptance. Another guy in the NFL happens to be religious and suddenly tolerance doesn't run so deep.

As far as I'm concerned, Tebow's football ability is up for debate (maybe that debate is over). But lay off the judgmental sarcasm please.

Or you could continue to mock a pretty outstanding human being. Either way, I guess.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                I suspect Tim Tebow could do extremely well in the private sector by general standards. Of course his standard of doing well would probably be to work in helping people who live in 3rd world countries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Tebow is an interesting read.

A guy just came out as gay in the NBA, and everybody is stumbling over each other to show their acceptance. Another guy in the NFL happens to be religious and suddenly tolerance doesn't run so deep.

As far as I'm concerned, Tebow's football ability is up for debate (maybe that debate is over). But lay off the judgmental sarcasm please.

Or you could continue to mock a pretty outstanding human being. Either way, I guess.
                Judgmental sarcasm??????????Where was I judgmental? And the Gay NBA player connection? Boy talk about convenience. God must be on your side.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  Judgmental sarcasm??????????Where was I judgmental? And the Gay NBA player connection? Boy talk about convenience. God must be on your side.
                  Apologies, I must have completely missed the meaning of your post. I assumed it was sarcasm due to the emoticon at the end. My bad.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    Apologies, I must have completely missed the meaning of your post. I assumed it was sarcasm due to the emoticon at the end. My bad.
                    I honestly think Tim is a spokesman and paid a great deal of attention during speech classes or maybe its just a natural skill. He might just be more convincing than Fred Thompson when it comes to reverse mortgages was what I was intending there. Reverse mortgages are a horrible idea IMHO and some people have the ability to sell just about anything. Apologies accepted, and I am beginning to understand moral values thanks to Filbert's point in the direction Of Dr. Heidt and his moralfoundations website.

Comment

Tebow signed with New England today.

Comment

Working...
                      X