Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Bubak resigns to pursue other professional opportunites

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=207423219

Sorry to see Jay go but wish him all the best. Seems like a really good guy. Tough loss for football staff.

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Re: Jay Bubak resigns to pursue other professional opportunites

Just heard it on the radio.

I had assumed he was a casualty of underpayment, but looking him up, he was making $72,000, which I didn't think was to bad. Perhaps he just lost the fire. Most of us will never know.

Either way, sad to see him leave.

*edit - I guess we will know the motivation behind the move. Time. Dudes got 5 kids and no doubt would like more time with them. Gotta respect that.

http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      Just heard it on the radio.

I had assumed he was a casualty of underpayment, but looking him up, he was making $72,000, which I didn't think was to bad. Perhaps he just lost the fire. Most of us will never know.

Either way, sad to see him leave.

*edit - I guess we will know the motivation behind the move. Time. Dudes got 5 kids and no doubt would like more time with them. Gotta respect that.

http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/
      I have that ugly feeling that salary drove him to this decision. He might have been prompted by the move made by Slade Larschied who works in fund raising I believe. It was announced in the Argus this week, that Larschied would become the AD at Roosvelt High in SF. His starting salary was 97K and change. I am guessing here but I suspect Larschied will double his salary, but no doubt will also double his responsiblity as an AD. He will have his hands full keeping all the parents, coaches and students happy. In Bubak's case, he probably did not see Stig retiring any time soon, plus he would be competing with Eidness and others for the job. He might too be tired of coaching. Lots of things enter into a decision such as this.

Comment

Jay Bubak is a great human being. Cares for his family, his SDSU family and every athlete that passes through the system at SDSU. I wish him all the best.

Comment

Bubak was an awesome coach, and I believe the players loved playing for him. Wish him the best. My opinion Stig needs to bring in Jimmy Rogers to coach the LB's. I have not seen a more passionate person on the field than him. I know the players would love to play for him and he would bring toughness and energy to the team.

Comment

Loved having Jay as a recruiter. While I'm a nobody in the recruiting world, I sent a number of potential recruits his way. He was always responsive to me and the kids I sent his way. The families had great things to say about him even when some didn't receive offers. He left a great impression on these kids about what SDSU had to offer.

Comment

I don't know Jay, but I really like the decision he made. Many coaches will get to the point where they really let 1 of the 2 (profession/family), usually family, get away from them. Have to respect a guy who knows when to get out a head.

Does anyone know what he is looking to do now? Or is going to do now?

Comment

I guess I'm not aware of many jobs in any field that pay $72,500 in which a person doesn't have to work very long and hard. I'd like to find a low-demand job at that pay level.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  I guess I'm not aware of many jobs in any field that pay $72,500 in which a person doesn't have to work very long and hard. I'd like to find a low-demand job at that pay level.
                  The new football assistant at South akota State will be better than the old one. This is quote of a quote that appeared in T Vandovec's blog, and I do believe this level of salary will attract good candidates, and yes Jay worked long and hard to get to that level of salary. When I made a prior post, I was not aware of his salary level. I tend to think that the hours and being away from his family had an impact in his decision.

Comment

I don't think it was $, though money may have helped keep him. Without doing research I'm going to guess $72,000 is low-average for an assistant at comparable schools to SDSU. I just think he had other options to pursue that offer less of a headache.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                      I don't think it was $, though money may have helped keep him. Without doing research I'm going to guess $72,000 is low-average for an assistant at comparable schools to SDSU. I just think he had other options to pursue that offer less of a headache.
                      I believe Terry Vandrovec reported that Bubak's pay was in line with senior-level assistant salaries in the MVFC.
                      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

My guess, got tired of the hours, and wanted the opportunity to make more money while spending more time with his family. He has a gaggle of young kids and I bet the pressure to be around them more finally got to him.

He got paid a fair salary, but the amount of time these guys put in can be very straining on the family. I wish him the best.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                          My guess, got tired of the hours, and wanted the opportunity to make more money while spending more time with his family. He has a gaggle of young kids and I bet the pressure to be around them more finally got to him.

He got paid a fair salary, but the amount of time these guys put in can be very straining on the family. I wish him the best.
                          I'm sure if you broke down some of these guys' salaries into an hourly wage, it would be startling how hard they work for the pay received. Such goes the world of an assistant coach in college football I suppose.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                            I'm sure if you broke down some of these guys' salaries into an hourly wage, it would be startling how hard they work for the pay received. Such goes the world of an assistant coach in college football I suppose.
                            Correct. You put your time in and if you get to know the right people and the cards all fall into place you have a chance to make even bigger money doing something you love.

Great coach and person that will be missed.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                            X