2013 Masters/General Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Masters/General Golf

Who do you think is going to win the Masters this year? I bet another guy in our office - low score wins - he took Tiger Woods, I took Snedeker. I just couldn't cheer for a European.

Anyone ever been to a pro golf event? I went to the Friday round of the PGA Championship when it was held at Hazeltine. Saw Tiger birdie 16. Also saw some Swede hit an absolute duck hook into some residential homes on 9. It was my first pro golf event. I will admit that we waited on #9 for 2 hours to be close to Tiger. My heart was pumping and I got a little sweaty as he stood right next to me on the other side of the ropes. I also still remember the smell of the peanut butter sandwich that Stewart Cink pulled out of his bag for a snack on the tee.

My only bad experience at the tournmant was the outrageously priced food. I thought the pricing was much higher than other sporting events I had been to. The quality was not anything more than McDonalds.

Re: 2013 Masters/General Golf

I'm betting Tiger. I just have a feeling he will do. Fun fact: 3 out of the 4 times he shot a 70 in the first round of Masters he won the tournament and finished in top 5 I believe the other time
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Penalizing the 14 year old newcomer because of slow play? That's who the PGA picks to make an example out of? RIDICULOUS. PGA should be ashamed. They haven't penalized someone for slow play since 1995.

How about penalizing the well-known slow players first?

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
        Penalizing the 14 year old newcomer because of slow play? That's who the PGA picks to make an example out of? RIDICULOUS. PGA should be ashamed. They haven't penalized someone for slow play since 1995.

How about penalizing the well-known slow players first?
        Apparently he was warned on the 13th hole and they let "something " go on the 16th before dropping the hammer on 17. http://www.cbssports.com/golf/blog/e...-for-slow-play

Comment

Must be slower than Kevin Na.

Comment

Why tour officials were right to penalize the 14 year old. http://nyr.kr/XIbNVy

Comment

I wonder what they'll say about Woods' drop on 15 after it hit the pin and bounced into the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
                I wonder what they'll say about Woods' drop on 15 after it hit the pin and bounced into the water.
                A crazy crazy shot. He hit that dang near perfect. Couldn't do that again if he tried.

Comment

This morning's early news indicates his drop should have been a two-stroke penalty, not just one...possible disqualification for the tourney is under consideration.

Comment

ESPN reporting Woods assessed two-stroke penalty which drops him from a tie for 7th to tie for 19th.

ESPN discussion: the rule was amended in 2012 which permitted the assessment of the extra penalty stroke or, perhaps a more correct statement is the penalty assessment was corrected from the one taken yesterday to the correct two-stroke penalty. Before the controlling rule was amended, the result was disqualification.

When the 14yr old from China was penalized for slow play, Woods was asked for a comment. He said: The rules are the rules.

My reading tells me the kid had been warned about slow play.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      ESPN reporting Woods assessed two-stroke penalty which drops him from a tie for 7th to tie for 19th.When the 14yr old from China was penalized for slow play, Woods was asked for a comment. He said: The rules are the rules.
                      And... If 14yr old would have been assessed this penalty there would be pitchforks outside Augusta on how unfair this is. Double standard

Comment

I love golf but assessing a penalty the day after the round is played is really lame.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                          And... If 14yr old would have been assessed this penalty there would be pitchforks outside Augusta on how unfair this is. Double standard
                          Double standard? Does not appear that way at all.

I am assuming the reporting on ESPN was accurate and that the rules are being applied as written. I don't think there would be any uproar,

Tiger took a one-stroke penalty for his drop' reported it on his card and turned his scorecard in. Later at a press conference he said he dropped his ball two yards behind the original spot. The rule required a closes drop. When the error was considered,the rule required correction of the penalty strokes. Sounds like the rules are being applied irrespective of the player or infraction.

I had added to my prior posts: the particular rule impacting Woods is a 2012 amendment.

Comment

I am assuming the reporting on ESPN was accurate and that the rules are being applied as written. I don't think there would be any uproar,

Tiger took a one-stroke penalty for his drop' reported it on his card and turned his scorecard in. Later at a press conference he said he dropped his ball two yards behind the original spot. The rule required a closes drop. When the error was considered,the rule required correction of the penalty strokes. Sounds like the rules are being applied irrespective of the player or infraction.

I had added to my prior posts: the particular rule impacting Woods is a 2012 amendment.
                            If this was Joe Blow they wouldn't have interviewed him. Tiger incriminated himself in the interview which caused them to take a closer look .

Comment

Double standard? Does not appear that way at all.I am assuming the reporting on ESPN was accurate and that the rules are being applied as written. I don't think there would be any uproar,Tiger took a one-stroke penalty for his drop' reported it on his card and turned his scorecard in. Later at a press conference he said he dropped his ball two yards behind the original spot. The rule required a closes drop. When the error was considered,the rule required correction of the penalty strokes. Sounds like the rules are being applied irrespective of the player or infraction.I had added to my prior posts: the particular rule impacting Woods is a 2012 amendment.
                              Double standard for public view. Yes, this is the right penaltya as they changed it just this last year. FWIW, Graeme McDowell says PGA got it right and if his name wasn't Tiger there wouldn't be this outroar as it would correct ruling regardless of name.

Comment

Working...
                              X