Griner to the Mavs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griner to the Mavs?

Looks like Cuban may allow Brad Griner to try out for the Mavs.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...llas-mavericks

No chance she makes it. Zero. Publicity stunt is all it would be.

Re: Griner to the Mavs?

Brad Griner?

Good one. Hilarious. Misogyny is always funny.

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...acklash-not-us

Grow the **** up.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

She might have the best shot any female player in a long time. Might as well, invite her to summer league and she what she offers.

As far as the Griner backlash, it's not as much about her height as it is about her voice and body type.
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
        She might have the best shot any female player in a long time. Might as well, invite her to summer league and she what she offers.

As far as the Griner backlash, it's not as much about her height as it is about her voice and body type.
        Oh, okay, that makes it alright.

"Here's something someone doesn't have control over and doesn't fit our society's accepted gender norms. Better ridicule her for it."

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          Oh, okay, that makes it alright."Here's something someone doesn't have control over and doesn't fit our society's accepted gender norms. Better ridicule her for it."
          Being in the spotlight comes with hate i.e. LeBrons hairline. I said I would take giver a chance. Would triple summer league attendance and she would have a better shot than most women to make it.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
            Being in the spotlight comes with hate i.e. LeBrons hairline. I said I would take giver a chance. Would triple summer league attendance and she would have a better shot than most women to make it.
            Right. It's cause she's in the spotlight. That's it. And it's totally equatable to LeBron's hairline. Right. You totally have me.

Comment

Right. It's cause she's in the spotlight. That's it. And it's totally equatable to LeBron's hairline. Right. You totally have me.
              So you are saying that she would have thousands of "haters" if she wasn't in the spotlight. Ok. You said she doesn't fit society norms that they have no control over so ya that's equatable, it's not normal for a person to have that much hair loss in their mid-20s. You think LeBron doesn't get hated on for his hairline? Heck his hairline is a punchline and was the used in an April Fools joke. I was on your side, just telling you why people throw hate at her, smh.

Comment

If she gets a shot, good for her. I can't say that I think she'll succeed, but it'd be fun to see her try. Cuban is a smart businessman...he knows the interest ($$$) this would bring.

I haven't watched an NBA game in years, and I can tell you this: I would tune in to the first game she was to appear if she made the Mavs team.

I say go for it!
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Brad Griner?

Good one. Hilarious. Misogyny is always funny.

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...acklash-not-us

Grow the **** up.
                  Misogyny (pron.: /mɪˈsɒdʒɪni/) is the hatred or dislike of women or girls. Misogyny can be manifested in numerous ways, including sexual discrimination, denigration of women, violence against women, and sexual objectification of women.[1][2] Misogyny has been characterised as a prominent feature of the mythologies of the ancient world as well as various religions. In addition, many influential Western philosophers have been described as misogynistic.[1] The male counterpart of misogyny is misandry, the hatred or dislike of men; the antonym of misogyny is philogyny, the love or fondness of women.

My comment. Thanks for Google, I did not have to consult Webster. This is definitely a post 1965 term. Thanks RO. Never had heard that term in my 20 credits of Rural sociology or in my 5 credits of pyschology. I learned a new word today. Thanks to Wikipedia, I am now informed on misogyny. I did catch one of the post game interviews of Griner. She does sound like a male entering puberty, but maybe she has been taking testostrone.

Comment

It's a publicity stunt,look at the hundreds of guys the NCAA passes up that are way better than her.It's the only logical explanation.Sorry meant pros pass up(NBA)
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 04-04-2013, 05:06 PM.

Comment

She wouldnt have a chance, to thin, not strong enough and no jump shot. She got pushed around by louisville,imagine a 6-8 guy guarding her. she would get shut down. she wouldnt even have a chance in the D league. Not to sound mean or anything but she had a great career, let her have a great career in the WNBA now. Remember when Serena Williams the tennis player thought she could beat a guy ranked out of the top 100 in mens tennis and a guy took her up on it and she looked bad against him. She could kick my butt and I played tennis, but their is a difference between top male and female athletes. As much as people don't want to beleive it, there is a difference.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Britney Griner may have had a much more popular career had she played at Stanford, Norte Dame, or U Conn to name a few. Kim Mulkey has not done much overall to enhance the casusal fan to appreciate her teams. The label of Misogyny to rationalize the critics has a flavor of political correctness attached. It has always been taking the extraordinary and selling tickets to the ordinary public. There have been a few dwarfs(midgets), bearded ladies, siamese twins, or any giant that earned a living exposing their own difference from the regular Joe. Ms. Griner will have many opportunities to earn her living whether as a sideshow or regular women's athletics and she will cash those checks because she is different. It may not be an easy life, but she will be able to earn some privacy when she wants.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Calling her "Brad" isn't being critical.

The fact that no one on here in power cares about that (or cares enough to chime in) but we've cracked down on unnamed sources says a lot to me about the culture on here.

Read this: http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...acklash-not-us - if anyone thinks it has something to do specifically with Griner or the fact that she went to Baylor, it's really not. It's an issue with our society.

And no ****ing **** she couldn't last a second in the NBA.

Comment

Calling her "Brad" isn't being critical.

The fact that no one on here in power cares about that (or cares enough to chime in) but we've cracked down on unnamed sources says a lot to me about the culture on here.

Read this: http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...acklash-not-us - if anyone thinks it has something to do specifically with Griner or the fact that she went to Baylor, it's really not. It's an issue with our society.

And no ****ing **** she couldn't last a second in the NBA.
                            Your application for moderator of this board has been declined at this time, without prejudice. However, prior to your next application, you may want to consider the stated purpose of this board, in the context of how moderators react to various comments posted here.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              Your application for moderator of this board has been declined at this time, without prejudice. However, prior to your next application, you may want to consider the stated purpose of this board, in the context of how moderators react to various comments posted here.
                              Right.

Comment

Working...
                              X