Poison Picked: who you yelling for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poison Picked: who you yelling for?

The 'Yotes made it interesting at Macomb tonight, losing by 2...had a chance at the end. Just a reminder: had USD won, SDSU would have sole possession of the title: regular-season conference champs. With the WIU win, we share the title with WIU.

Those rotten Yotes! No sense of neighborliness in those mangy hides. So let's have another poll:

Sioux Falls is gonna rock that first day because SDSU and USD will be playing. The big question: you going to support WIU or USD? WIU may need more than just some confused Augie students.

Time for another poll.

I voted: WIU. Lots of respect for Coach Mo, Ceola C and the 'Necks. BUT, if the Jacks have to play them, respect is out the window. At that point, it's Moe, Larry and Curly.
    Western Illinois Leathernecks!
    38.46%
    USD Coyotes!
    20.51%
    Who cares: Jacks will take on anybody!
    41.03%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by JackJD; 03-02-2013, 10:23 PM.

Re: Poison Picked: who you yelling for?

It is a good thing that the yotes lost tonight. It would have been written in some time capsule that they were directly responsible for the jacks to have won a solo conference title and they would have wanted to share that as having won the title themselves. The #1 seed is a good distinction to be paired with the confernce title. The Jacks will continue to win the games that are necessary for this next step. There is no sharing the conference tournament title. Go jacks!!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

We will get a chance to see who the Yote fans cheer for in game one Sat night. That will sway me as to who i cheer for in game 2. Or of course, i could just sit there and watch a game that should be close.

Comment

I'm pulling for WIU but really want SDSU to be the team to send the pups home. Kind of riding the fence there I know.

I was pulling for USD against WIU to give us the regular season title outright. Since they pissed that game I won't EVER pull for them again. I may not root against but will not pull for them again.

It's been said a million times if it's been said once, "Screw the U!"

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Hate state

Comment

HATE STATE...lol

Comment

If the coyotes lose there will likely be more tickets available for Jackrabbit fans on Monday. Maybe all the coyote fans will come out to cheer for Oakland or IPFW vs the Jackrabbits but I kind of doubt it.

So, I guess given that likelihood I will be pulling ever so slightly for WIU.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

When it comes to Summit Tourney games, I usually find myself rooting for the underdog. I doubt that I'll be doing that Saturday. Rooting against the Coyotes comes naturally, but there's also a practical reason I want WIU to win. I want to see NDSU get themselves into a real battle on Monday night and I think WIU is better equipped to provide that. I do have a feeling that USD will finally beat WIU though.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  When it comes to Summit Tourney games, I usually find myself rooting for the underdog. I doubt that I'll be doing that Saturday. Rooting against the Coyotes comes naturally, but there's also a practical reason I want WIU to win. I want to see NDSU get themselves into a real battle on Monday night and I think WIU is better equipped to provide that. I do have a feeling that USD will finally beat WIU though.
                  I think WIU matches up better with NDSU as well. WIU is just a much better defensive team and much more patient on offense. USD struggles to play consistently tough defense and I think forces things on the offensive end too much. That said, USD has a solid post presence, a heck of a good shooter, a quick guard that can score and some decent young role players.

WIU will be WIU, consistent, patient and disciplined. They won't panic and I don't think the crowd will rattle them much. I do think the crowd affected them in Frost but I don't think atmosphere will be that unfriendly in Sioux Falls.

USD is the wildcard. They have had some games where they look like contenders (SDSU and OU) and them some games where they were clearly not good, not good at all. Not sure what we will see Saturday but I am pretty sure we won't see 3 stellar games in a row from the coyotes. That is simply expecting way too much.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                    Hate state
                    Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                    HATE STATE...lol
                    Nasty stutter you got there . . .
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      Nasty stutter you got there . . .
                      I think Yoteforever represents the far majority of USD fans --- they hate SDSU. Where I believe that most SDSU fans don't hate USD? SDSU fans may not cheer for USD but I don't believe State fans hate USD?

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                        I think Yoteforever represents the far majority of USD fans --- they hate SDSU. Where I believe that most SDSU fans don't hate USD? SDSU fans may not cheer for USD but I don't believe State fans hate USD?

GBGBGJ
                        Really?

Comment

GBGBGJ
                          Yoteforever doesn't seem like a bad guy, really. Just misguided.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

GBGBGJ
                            I have no problem with USD, I just don't like the coyotes. I don't cheer for teams I don't like.

Yoteforever is definitely not a SDSU hater. I wouldn't call him a fan of the Jackrabbits either. He is definitely more reasonable about some allegiance to SD than I am.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              Yoteforever doesn't seem like a bad guy, really. Just misguided.
                              I think his handle speaks for itself, a yote loyal for ever. He does repsect those who are loyal to SDSU. Its the right thing to do. You are right, he is a good guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X