2013 Minnesota Twins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Minnesota Twins

Training camp is open. In 2012 the Twins went 66-96 and finished 22 games back. Will they improve on that mark this year?
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Re: 2013 Minnesota Twins

I would like to think that they couldn't do any worse (ever) than they did last year. Then the offseason happened and as far as I can tell, they did NOTHING to improve on last year's performance. Torii Hunter in a Detroit Tigers uniform is also going to be a tough pill to swallow. Viking's camp opens when in Mankato?

Comment

Cut as much salary as possible. People have saying that for almost two years now. Yet they go and spend a couple million on a two year deal for a crap pitcher.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Twins need to wait until their outfielders and the rest of the prospects are ready until they can truly improve. Also, wouldn't make breaking up the M&M boys(not Mauer) to get some prospects and/or free up some salary cap.
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
          Twins need to wait until their outfielders and the rest of the prospects are ready until they can truly improve. Also, wouldn't make breaking up the M&M boys(not Mauer) to get some prospects and/or free up some salary cap.
          Willingham far more likely to be traded than Morneau.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            Willingham far more likely to be traded than Morneau.
            Morneau is a wimp and is hurt every year.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
              Morneau is a wimp and is hurt every year.
              Which means he has little to no trade value.

Comment

Anyone going to attempt to purchase tickets on Saturday?

My late father was a bigtime Tiger's fan, so I think I'll try and take the family to a game in June.

I'm sure the seats won't ever beat the 2nd row seats I once had from Bill Smith's wife......even though it was an afternoon game on the hottest day of the summer. Pretty sure an imprint of my crack is melted into those seats.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  Which means he has little to no trade value.
                  That doesn't mean the Twins should keep him. Too expensive

Comment

The Twins need to go into full rebuilding mode for the 2014 season but more than likely 2015. I wish the Twins wouldn't even both signing pitchers such as Correi and Pelfry. They should just let the young arms take over. Mauer is hurting the club with his contract and he is not a leader so really is far from earning his paycheck. I wish they could convince him to accept a trade. Mauer is everything that is wrong with the Twins. The team shares his philosophy to just show up without much of a fire under their belly. Sounds like Gardenhire as well.
                    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                      The Twins need to go into full rebuilding mode for the 2014 season but more than likely 2015. I wish the Twins wouldn't even both signing pitchers such as Correi and Pelfry. They should just let the young arms take over. Mauer is hurting the club with his contract and he is not a leader so really is far from earning his paycheck. I wish they could convince him to accept a trade. Mauer is everything that is wrong with the Twins. The team shares his philosophy to just show up without much of a fire under their belly. Sounds like Gardenhire as well.
                      GTFO here with this. Leader = undefinable and objective. How do you measure and quantify leadership? How do you measure "fire under their belly"? Last year Mauer was worth 22.5 million. http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=1857&position=C

Comment

I just hope Mauer gets back to his 2009 mode and puts all his skeptics to bed.

Comment

So glad this team is back into my life.

Comment

I wonder what it'd be like to start the game tied at 0 instead of down a run or two or three.

I've just been hoping they make it to 70 wins. Maybe I should be hoping for 60.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I just hope they field well and give it their best shot, management included.

We are going to Target field for the first time in June. Any advice on tickets? I need 5 for a Thursday, June 13th game versus the Phillies.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X