Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In a smart move to save trees and valuable print space.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a smart move to save trees and valuable print space.........

....the Argus Leader declined to put any article in today's paper covering USD MBB. I was curious to see if USD would somehow miracle a win last night, it seems the Argus Leader didn't feel it was necessary to even print a blurb about the game. Well...these are tough economic times for newspapers so I suppose dropping irrelevant sports stories concerning floundering teams would be first on their list....
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Re: In a smart move to save trees and valuable print space.........

There was a short story about the outcome of the USD-NDSU men's game in the edition of the Argus Leader that I got. See page 4C, column 2. The wrapup of the USD game (a night game) was in the same wrapup story that led with the outcome of the SDSU women's game (a close victory). Can't complain about that kind of the placement.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Re: In a smart move to save trees and valuable print space.........

another victim of mirror scheduling. the home team gets the coverage because the writers like Terry V only go to the home game. the team playing away that night gets no local coverage and the paper prints the AP write up so gets stuck in the "Other Area College" column because the AP has no deadline for the story to be in.

Comment

Working...
      X