2013 preseason poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 preseason poll

TV tweeted that the Jackrabbits check in at #8 for next fall.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...01_09_2013.htm

Re: 2013 preseason poll

Didn't think this needed its own thread, and it has pertinence to the 2013 season.

From TV's Twitter:
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier said that QB Austin Sumner had surgery on his throwing thumb and will miss spring ball.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
      Didn't think this needed its own thread, and it has pertinence to the 2013 season.

From TV's Twitter:
      I'm guessing the thumb had more impact how his performance than most of us realize. Hope this helps him get back to 2011 form for 2013!

Comment

The injury that just would not quit.... It had to be pretty bad for them to need to operate at this point.

I do like that #8 ranking. Maintaining it won't be easy but that's part of the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          I'm guessing the thumb had more impact how his performance than most of us realize. Hope this helps him get back to 2011 form for 2013!
          I believe the surgery was in Rochester

Comment

Originally posted by common sense rabbit View Post
            I believe the surgery was in Rochester
            Good caren giver, and it must have been something of a very serious nature.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
              TV tweeted that the Jackrabbits check in at #8 for next fall.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...01_09_2013.htm
              I love the quote about Eastern Illinois' team.

13. Eastern Illinois - Who's going to stop the defending OVC
              champ's sizzling offense? Well, they might want to get South Dakota State's
              blueprint.

Comment

I wasn't sure where to put this but figure here is as good as any. It was a great year for the Jackrabbit BB team and Nate Wolters especially. As we follow the upcoming NBA draft we all hope to see his name and hope to follow him with a distinguished career in the NBA. However, today I think it's time to switch sports and athletes. Zach Zenner, has two more years running the ball for the Jacks. How exciting if he can avoid serious injuries. You folks that have seen him play regularly, do you think he has the ability to move on to the NFL in two years? I believe he will provide the excitement Jack fans will crave after the graduation of Nate Wolters. Here's to a great couple years of Jackrabbit football and getting past the Bison.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                  I wasn't sure where to put this but figure here is as good as any. It was a great year for the Jackrabbit BB team and Nate Wolters especially. As we follow the upcoming NBA draft we all hope to see his name and hope to follow him with a distinguished career in the NBA. However, today I think it's time to switch sports and athletes. Zach Zenner, has two more years running the ball for the Jacks. How exciting if he can avoid serious injuries. You folks that have seen him play regularly, do you think he has the ability to move on to the NFL in two years? I believe he will provide the excitement Jack fans will crave after the graduation of Nate Wolters. Here's to a great couple years of Jackrabbit football and getting past the Bison.
                  The NFL is a possiblity except that he is a pre-med major and has his eye on the medicine profession. Some of the MD's do quite well for themselves financially once they have their loans paid off. It depends on speciality. Some probably barely eek out a living.
                  Same is true of lawyers and accountants. I dont see Zack going to the NFL unless he is drafted..

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                    He sure appears to have some potential. He would need to be fully dedicated to making a run at it though (pun intended). He would need to focus on those drills that are so carefully and overly analyzed at the combine. I don't know for sure but I suspect there would be nothing eye popping about his cone drill, vertical leap, forty time or any of the other drills.

So, I'd say keep an eye on what he can do on the field at the college level and revel in that. With the QB and RB both poised to be all-conference players the Jackrabbit offense is certainly in a position to be very explosive. My hunch, ZZ won't be playing FB after college.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      ...My hunch, ZZ won't be playing FB after college.
                      I agree. I think he wants to be a doc, doc (reading that back to myself, I want to answer "who's there?").

Comment

So does Kirk Cousins.

Comment

If he has a shot at the NFL, I see him going into the NFL. With how short an NFL life is, why not chase your dream and give it a shot. Btw, what's Myron Rolle up to these days after he was cut by the Steelers? Has he gone on to medical school to become a Neurosurgeon yet?

Also, good point on Kirk Cousins. I believe he said he's likely going to attend medical school
                          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Kirk's a local kid, my kids went to school with him and I've had the pleasure of watching him for some time. If the NFL gig doesn't work he will go to medical school however as well spoken and intelligent as he is I could see him in broadcasting too.

Comment

Lindy's Top 25

1. North Dakota State
                              2. Georgia Southern
                              3. Montana State
                              4. South Dakota State
                              5. Wofford
                              6. Eastern Washington
                              7. Central Arkansas
                              8. Towson
                              9. Villanova