Nebraska 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nebraska 2013

Anybody book any rooms yet? I sent an inquiry to the hotel in Lincoln today. Will likely call later this week. If you want to go and want to stay in Lincoln the sooner you get a room the better.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Nebraska 2013

New downtown hotel option since the Jacks last played in Lincoln is the Courtyard by Marriott. Great location for football fans.

A new Hilton Garden is under construction right across the street from the Courtyard, but I don't know if it will be open by then.
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

The Alumni Association pre-game event will be in the Embassy Suites like last time.

Go State!

Comment

We booked for the Embassy Suites. Fantastic location and a great atmosphere for football games. It isn't cheap though. We booked the first day available and I doubt there are any rooms left but certainly try. One little tip, they will charge you the same for Thurs-Sat nights as for Fri-Sat night. Also, I think they require a two night booking. I was thinking it was about $265 a night. That does include a suite room, breakfast, and their evening cocktail reception (like all Embassy Suites).

If you haven't booked a room anywhere, you need to do it ASAP! You can always cancel. Memorial Stadium becomes the third largest city in Nebraska during games so there obviously is a shortage of rooms on gamedays. The Downtown Holiday Inn and the Cornhusker (Marriott) are also great options. Otherwise, there are lots of hotels out on Cornhusker Hwy and on North 27th.

SUPERBUNNY

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Date - Saturday 9/21/2013, Time - TBA

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
            We booked for the Embassy Suites. Fantastic location and a great atmosphere for football games. It isn't cheap though. We booked the first day available and I doubt there are any rooms left but certainly try. One little tip, they will charge you the same for Thurs-Sat nights as for Fri-Sat night. Also, I think they require a two night booking. I was thinking it was about $265 a night. That does include a suite room, breakfast, and their evening cocktail reception (like all Embassy Suites).

If you haven't booked a room anywhere, you need to do it ASAP! You can always cancel. Memorial Stadium becomes the third largest city in Nebraska during games so there obviously is a shortage of rooms on gamedays. The Downtown Holiday Inn and the Cornhusker (Marriott) are also great options. Otherwise, there are lots of hotels out on Cornhusker Hwy and on North 27th.

SUPERBUNNY

SUPERBUNNY
            I think its closer to $400/night, well over a $1000 for the weekend with tickets, gas, tax and incidentals. Seems nuts but I think its worth it.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Does anybody know if Harms will be taking buses down again?

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                I think its closer to $400/night, well over a $1000 for the weekend with tickets, gas, tax and incidentals. Seems nuts but I think its worth it.
                We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express north of the stadium last time for $90/night, 2 night minimum. If you book early, you can get a cheap room, if you are willing to stay out of the 'downtown' area.
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I booked 2 rooms at the Hampton Inn and Suites.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                    We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express north of the stadium last time for $90/night, 2 night minimum. If you book early, you can get a cheap room, if you are willing to stay out of the 'downtown' area.
                    I know that hotel, its a good one and much more reasonable than the downtown area. You can stay there and still hang out "downtown" and save a ton of money.

I just booked 10 rooms at the Embassy Suites. $289/night includes the reception Friday, breakfast Saturday and assures that you are in the middle of the masses that occupy Lincoln on gameday. Its a darn good time and I'm looking forward to it.

If the Yankton Jackrabbit Club doesn't use all the rooms I'll have some available or I'll cancel them. As the date approaches I will let this forum know first before I let them go.

I was skeptical about the trip last time the Jacks played in Lincoln, I wouldn't miss it for the world after experiencing it last time.

Comment

Got my room booked!

Comment

Just booked 6 rooms (2 nights) at the Days Inn Lincoln Airport...$55.25/night + tax. I'll take it.
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I'm not familiar with Lincoln. How far is the downtown area/college bars/nightlife from Memorial Stadium? I would like a hotel that is hopefully within walking distance of both if thats possible? Anybody got any recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
                            I'm not familiar with Lincoln. How far is the downtown area/college bars/nightlife from Memorial Stadium? I would like a hotel that is hopefully within walking distance of both if thats possible? Anybody got any recommendations?
                            Downtown/O Street (college bar scene)/Haymarket areas all within easy walking distance from Memorial Stadium. Downtown hotels include Holiday Inn, Courtyard by Marriott, Embassy Suites and the Cornhusker Marriott (full-service Marriott). There's a Hilton Garden Inn under construction across the street from the Courtyard, but I'm pretty sure it won't be open by the time the Jacks come to town. The next closest hotels would be a Holiday Inn Express off North 14th and Cornhusker Highway (probably would need a cab) and the airport hotels (cab ride for sure).

Find more info here.
                            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Renewed my FB season tickets today, allocation scheduled for May 1st on the basis of priority points. I like the concept.

Husker tickets will be first come first serve based on priority and requests. They will allow 1 NU ticket per season ticket ordered with a limit of 4 NU tickets total. So, I will be reducing my season ticket order to 4. Saves me a little money that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X