Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD Athletic Marketing

First, the billboard.

Most recent: a half-time video that sounded like something (quite humorous, I might add) that was prepared by a student group and then posted on Youtube for all to have a few laughs. But, nope: it was played at the halftime of the SDSU men at USD on Saturday. That's "official" stuff from USD, the institution. A little internet investigation uncovers a great picture of the two USD Assistant Athletic Directors in charge of marketing.

Re: USD Athletic Marketing

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    First, the billboard. Most recent: a half-time video that sounded like something (quite humorous, I might add) that was prepared by a student group and then posted on Youtube for all to have a few laughs. But, nope: it was played at the halftime of the SDSU men at USD on Saturday. That's "official" stuff from USD, the institution. A little internet investigation uncovers a great picture of the two USD Assistant Athletic Directors in charge of marketing.
    Herbster is not going to like this one bit. But hey, it's funny.

Comment

Herbster and I see to eye-to-eye anatomically and that is about it. Pretty sure I don't want to square of with him on the court. Guy was a player.

To keep it smacky, the women at USD are almost as good at shaking their asses as the boys. Any real coyote fan knows exactly what I am saying.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Go read their 2013 Football Season Preview before their alumni get it taken down. It is pretty bad and another great example of USD Athletic Marketing. http://www.goyotes.com/seasonpreview/

In the first paragraph they:
        1. Called their QB a freshman last year when he was a sophomore
        2. Said Senior running back Marcus Sims returns (he graduated)
        3. List Will Powell and Terrance Perry as the receiver duo (Powell graduated and it is Terrance Terry not Perry)

I'm sure there are more but I don't know the other coyote players. Also, in the returning starters section they use "he at" in almost all of their player descriptions. Tyler Starr- he at linebacker, Matt Huffer- he at left tackle, Aaron Swift- he at safety, and more.

I'm not one to pick at message board spelling etc but this is a published season preview on their official website. Players names wrong, players year wrong, and content incorrect. Maybe they are trying to throw off other teams scouting reports. I saw the link on yotes message board so I doubt it will be up much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
          Go read their 2013 Football Season Preview before their alumni get it taken down. It is pretty bad and another great example of USD Athletic Marketing. http://www.goyotes.com/seasonpreview/

3. List Will Powell and Terrance Perry as the receiver duo (Powell graduated and it is Terrance Terry not Perry)

I'm sure there are more but I don't know the other coyote players. Also, in the returning starters section they use "he at" in almost all of their player descriptions. Tyler Starr- he at linebacker, Matt Huffer- he at left tackle, Aaron Swift- he at safety, and more.

I'm not one to pick at message board spelling etc but this is a published season preview on their official website. Players names wrong, players year wrong, and content incorrect. Maybe they are trying to throw off other teams scouting reports. I saw the link on yotes message board so I doubt it will be up much longer.
          ROFL. The "he at" thing cracks me up!
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The qaulity of print editing by "professional " editors has declined tremendously in the past few years.It's all over, not just the USD web site.

Our English language is suffering and going thru a period of decline in my opinion.Can't explain the cause,maybe they just don't want to invest the time and effort required anymore to ensure a quality product.
            Last edited by jackdaniel; 08-06-2013, 09:50 AM. Reason: Too provacative a statement,not enough facts to back it up

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              The qaulity of print editing by "professional " editors has declined tremendously in the past few years.It's all over, not just the USD web site.The English language is deteriorating rapidly.I suppose I'll be chastised for writing this as it reflects poorly on those educators who teach Endlish in our school system.
              Get off my lawn!!!!

Although I agree with what you have said.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I wish you would have taken screen shots, because it seems as if they've fixed most* of the mistakes.

*Though the writer and editor appear to have a severe lack of knowledge regarding comma rules.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                  The qaulity of print editing by "professional " editors has declined tremendously in the past few years.It's all over, not just the USD web site..
                  Did you mean to put a sarcasm indicator behind the spelling of Qaulity ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Did you mean to put a sarcasm indicator behind the spelling of Qaulity ?
                    I think I'll quit being critical of print editors until I learn how to spell .

Comment

Here is the explanation emailed to this alum - On behalf of the Coyote sports information staff, I want to apologize for the advertisement posted on GoYotes.com Monday evening that included erroneous information about the Coyote football team’s upcoming 2013 season. We have asked CBS to remove the ad until appropriate corrections have been made.

The information used in the ad was not approved nor designed by the USD athletic department in any way. The preview information was written by George Pike and posted on throughthephog.com on July 30. Also here is the link to the ThroughthePhog article - http://throughthephog.com/2013/07/30...medium=twitter In addition to the previous errors, the article also states that the Jayhawks are the only Division 1 team the Yotes will face this year.
                      USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                        Here is the explanation emailed to this alum - On behalf of the Coyote sports information staff, I want to apologize for the advertisement posted on GoYotes.com Monday evening that included erroneous information about the Coyote football team’s upcoming 2013 season. We have asked CBS to remove the ad until appropriate corrections have been made.

The information used in the ad was not approved nor designed by the USD athletic department in any way. The preview information was written by George Pike and posted on throughthephog.com on July 30. Also here is the link to the ThroughthePhog article - http://throughthephog.com/2013/07/30...medium=twitter In addition to the previous errors, the article also states that the Jayhawks are the only Division 1 team the Yotes will face this year.
                        So we blame it on Kansas and their writers, okay.

Comment

Working...
                        X