Craig Bohl get 8 year contract.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craig Bohl get 8 year contract.

Breaking news in Fargo, this morning announcing an eight year contract for head coach Craig Bohl.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article...roup/homepage/

Re: Craig Bohl get 8 year contract.

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Breaking news in Fargo, this morning announcing an eight year contract for head coach Craig Bohl.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article...roup/homepage/
    Bohl certainly deserves this. Will be interesting to see how long before some bigger schools come calling. It's too bad coaches contracts don't seem to be worth the paper they are printed on if greener pastures show up. It would be nice though if this type of extension was possible in SD.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Bohl certainly deserves this. Will be interesting to see how long before some bigger schools come calling. It's too bad coaches contracts don't seem to be worth the paper they are printed on if greener pastures show up. It would be nice though if this type of extension was possible in SD.
      I agree Baldy is a good guy and a good coach. He is 54 years old and his relatively new wife is from Fargo. I think he has found a home. At the end of 8 years he is 62 and old enough to draw SS. I tend to believe this is his last stop. His staff will no doubt have great offers and move on and if anything this will be a some what of a set back. The D coorinator has a great future and no doubt better offers down the road.

Comment

Yeah, and my guess is he would jump at a D-I FBS offer if it fit his profile.

I don't really care about multi year contracts as other people do. I care more about the $/year as a problem between SDSU and other out of state programs

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
          Yeah, and my guess is he would jump at a D-I FBS offer if it fit his profile.

I don't really care about multi year contracts as other people do. I care more about the $/year as a problem between SDSU and other out of state programs
          In your humble opinion, I should not have started this thread. Gee thanks a bunch. I beg to differ, NDSU was our partner in moving to D1, what happens in Fargo is of big interest to several on this board.

Comment

Has Bohl received any serious offers to date? Always rumors afloat, which are not worthe paper they are printed on if the rumor appears in print, which it usually does not. I think this thread is worth talking about because in the next 8 years, SDSU will not have to go through Spearfish (Home of Joes beloved BHSU) but rather through Fargo in order to win a NC. Bohl and staff seem to have our number, which does bother me a great deal.

Comment

I caught this over on the Yote site:

http://legacy.inforum.com/pdfs/NDSUF...hlContract.pdf
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

that's 1 pretty sweet deal I'd say!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  Has Bohl received any serious offers to date? Always rumors afloat, which are not worthe paper they are printed on if the rumor appears in print, which it usually does not. I think this thread is worth talking about because in the next 8 years, SDSU will not have to go through Spearfish (Home of Joes beloved BHSU) but rather through Fargo in order to win a NC. Bohl and staff seem to have our number, which does bother me a great deal.
                  He did an interview for the gopher job but as far as I know took his name out, he is very happy where he is at
                  BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                    He did an interview for the gopher job but as far as I know took his name out, he is very happy where he is at
                    Thanks , but not recently. This was after Brewster was fired and Kill was hired. He is getting to age where its down hill and he sure is not getting younger, and coaching may not be fun anymore. Despite you guys up their with high expectations, coaching the Bison might be less pressure than say coaching the Gophers or another B10 school.
                    Last edited by Nidaros; 01-03-2013, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      that's 1 pretty sweet deal I'd say!
                      He should be able to buy himself a really nice toupee with that kind of cash. Perhaps he will get a bison mullet to match their mascot.
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                        He should be able to buy himself a really nice toupee with that kind of cash. Perhaps he will get a bison mullet to match their mascot.
                        Not a smack thread. Behave.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                        X