Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

How do you set up your post so that you can start a new line when you want. I have a,poem to,share with your Jackrabbit nation.My posts all the line are squished together even though I have separate lines when I type it. When I hit enter all the lines go together with no separation

Re: Question

Oh boy, good question no answer. I suspect the software does paragraphs better than poetry.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
      How do you set up your post so that you can start a new line when you want. I have a,poem to,share with your Jackrabbit nation.My posts all the line are squished together even though I have separate lines when I type it. When I hit enter all the lines go together with no separation
      I don't know . . . put a period there for each 'blank" line, maybe?
      Crude but possibly effective.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Or if you're cutting-and-pasting, you might be running into a CR/LF problem.

Make sure you hit "enter" at the end of each line (maybe twice) after you've pasted it into the edit box, before hitting "post" or whatever.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I've found that posting from a mobile device (iPad, iPod, iPhone, etc.) deletes the space created when you hit "ENTER" on the mobile keypad.

If you post from an actual computer, it creates a space between lines when you hit "ENTER."

This

See?
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I would try
            Shift
            plus
            Enter...

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              I've found that posting from a mobile device (iPad, iPod, iPhone, etc.) deletes the space created when you hit "ENTER" on the mobile keypad. If you post from an actual computer, it creates a space between lines when you hit "ENTER." LikeThisSee?
              LikeThisSee?

Comment

LikeThisSee?
                Here's how it looks on my computer.

Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I think this works: Using MSWord (probably works with any word processor), I inserted an extra space between lines. Here's a test:

Testing one two three.

Testing one two three Testing one two three. Testing one two three. Testing one two three. Testing one two three, Testing one two three. Testing one two three

Testing one two three.

Testing one two three.

Comment

Worst.thread.ever. Figures it would be created by a yote fan.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      i would try
                      shift
                      plus
                      enter...
                      this
                      still
                      works...

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                        I think you meant:

Worst.

Thread.

Ever.
                        You're welcome.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                          Kind of a tough guy behind a keyboard.

Comment

My brain wasn't fully engaged when initially responding:

What platform (hardware/software/browser) are you trying to post from?

Like I said before, it sounds to me like some kind of CR/LF (carriage return/line feed) issue. Some of the others with suggestions such as using shift-enter address the CR-LF issue.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              My brain wasn't fully engaged when initially responding:What platform (hardware/software/browser) are you trying to post from?Like I said before, it sounds to me like some kind of CR/LF (carriage return/line feed) issue. Some of the others with suggestions such as using shift-enter address the CR-LF issue.
                              I am using an iPad. Not a technical guy here. Does that help?

Comment

Working...
                              X